AlphaAbundance

Suffering while astral projecting? (including OBEs, Lucid Dreaming, etc.)

7 posts in this topic

I feel afraid of manifesting/materializing suffering, immense suffering, hell realms, realms of infinite suffering, possibly even being trapped while in the phase (astral projecting, lucid dreaming, etc.). As many know, in the phase, you can basically do anything like learning, growing, awakening (probably), flying, teleporting, and much much much much more. So considering that I could create, accidentally create (or for some reason want to create) immense levels of suffering (and possibly trap myself) in the phase I've developed a fear (or a caution) for entering the phase. I don't want to accidentally materialize myself getting eaten by a shark, being tortured in some hell realm, or some other far worse (or infinitely worse) scenario/experience out in absolute infinity.

@Spiral Wizard @GreenWoods @seeking_brilliance (Tagging because you all seem to be knowledgeable about this) - Others feel free to contribute

• Is this all possible? (I'm pretty confident at least some of it is, why wouldn't it be? Just to please egos? lmaooo)
  • Is there a real threat/possibility of suffering, high levels of suffering while astral projecting (including OBES, Lucid dreams, etc. -- more simply named the Phase by Michael Raduga)?
  • How do you avoid/eliminate this occurrence?
  • How much control do you generally have in the phase? Can you exit out at any time?
  • Could you exit out or have some way to protect yourself from this?
  • Is it even safe enough to enter the phase / astral project?

Please share your thoughts, insights, and perspectives. (But please don't speak much about shit you don't know much about)

@AlphaAbundance

I’ve experienced maximal suffering from both psychedelics and dreams. And I really do mean maximal. Again: maximal. Hell. Hospitalized for psychotic breaks. And it killed me. All is well now. Technically you have nothing to worry about.

Btw, anything can happen when you’re “enlightened.” It’s freedom from suffering in the sense that no one has it. That’s all though. It’s not rainbows and butterflies.

Edited by The0Self

Feerlessness and humility. That’s what’s coming up right now. Just mentioning those.

Just now, AlphaAbundance said:

@The0Self Cool I guess no more psychedelics for me either

I actually still use psychedelics occasionally but I think that may be an anomaly because my character was an extreme seeker. I was a heroin addict at one point. I was narcissistic to the extreme. There’s no suffering at all when psychedelics are used now. Just exploration in a sense. For the sake of it, or something. No idea. Who cares?

27 minutes ago, The0Self said:

@AlphaAbundance

I’ve experienced maximal suffering from both psychedelics and dreams. And I really do mean maximal. Again: maximal. Hell. Hospitalized for psychotic breaks. And it killed me. All is well now. Technically you have nothing to worry about.

Btw, anything can happen when you’re “enlightened.” It’s freedom from suffering in the sense that no one has it. That’s all though. It’s not rainbows and butterflies.

• How was the experience? How did it feel?
  • Was the suffering infinite? What if it was a higher infinity (that maximal suffering * infinity, or that maximal suffering ^ infinity, or (that maximal suffering ^ infinity) ^ infinity)
  • Are you saying that the ego instantly dies when up against those higher levels of suffering?  Does this ego death nullify the suffering? How does this freedom from suffering "feel"? Is it just that there is complete detachment to whether it is rainbows and butterflies or not?
  • Wouldn't you have trauma, PTSD, etc? What about if the ego doesn't die? What if it happens for an eternity?
20 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Feerlessness and humility. That’s what’s coming up right now. Just mentioning those.

Interesting - I feel like that's a lead. Could you elaborate?

14 minutes ago, The0Self said:

I actually still use psychedelics occasionally but I think that may be an anomaly because my character was an extreme seeker. I was a heroin addict at one point. I was narcissistic to the extreme. There’s no suffering at all when psychedelics are used now. Just exploration in a sense. For the sake of it, or something. No idea. Who cares?

Ok wow. I'm curious about your story. Your one eccentric and interesting motherfucker

Edited by AlphaAbundance

2 minutes ago, AlphaAbundance said:

• How was the experience?  Was the suffering infinite? What if it was a higher infinity (that maximal suffering * infinity, or that maximal suffering ^ infinity, or (that maximal suffering ^ infinity) ^ infinity)
  • Are you saying that the ego instantly dies when up against those higher levels of suffering?  Does this ego death nullify the suffering? How does this freedom from suffering "feel"? Is it just that there is complete detachment to whether it is rainbows and butterflies or not?
  • Wouldn't you have trauma, PTSD, etc? What about if the ego doesn't die? What if it happens for an eternity?

Interesting - I feel like that's a lead. Could you elaborate?

Ok wow. I'm curious about your story. Your one eccentric and interesting motherfucker

It seems there’s not much to say. It’s just what seemed to happen. Nothing is feared but “suffering“ is still on the table. There used to be detachment. I’ve experienced several of the jhanas and they were quite breathtaking. For the self, I’d recommend jhana practice, as it’s unbelievably beautifully amazing. Tears of joy would be the greatest understatement of all time. Psychedelics such as 5meo and, for me at least, LSD, also would provide glimpses of ego death, where nothing has any meaning because memory is completely void and what’s happening is just simply happening. Like you’ve fallen into reality and there just simply is no you. When I didn’t have the insight to effectively deal with experience, and I was experiencing meaning, I had quite a few trips on ketamine + various psychedelics (combo) wherein there was immense (maximal) suffering — I was God and the devil at once, ending the universe. Only problem is I thought it was real, and that I had free will. God doesn’t have free will.