Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PukkaDanks

Non-enlightenment books about enlightnement

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I don't know what it is but I just can't get along with generic non-fiction self help books, especially when it comes to the topic of higher conciousness. I'm currently reading Dune by Frank Herbert, it's a science fiction novel, but basically the main protagonist goes through a huge conciousness shift, and the book is litered with references to enlightnement and higher states of awareness.

I was wondering if any of you have ready any similiar fiction books that deal with the topics of enlightnment

A quote from dune:

“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”

Tia

Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman blends spirituality and a novel together in a beautiful way.

Johnathan Livingston Seagull- a short fiction book about a seagull that explores themes of life purpose, flow state, non duality, and love

Romeo and Juliet- explores Love, Lust, peace, war, makes you ask alot of philosophical questions if you have the right mindsey

1 hour ago, longusername12345 said:

Johnathan Livingston Seagull

This

Dan Brown novels. 

Da Vinci Code, The Lost Symbol, Origin.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.