justfortoday

When You Realize “The Force” is Basically Real

25 posts in this topic

@justfortoday @Leo Gura (not leo) 

They were good reflections of what came before, but like in a fun house mirror where when you look closer things are completely distorted and strange.  The main character was absolutely forgettable, even if while you're watching it you like her. That right there is enough to tank the trilogy.  I can't even think of one interesting or memorable thing she did or said. 

Kylo ren was not a fun bad guy at all, imo, and mostly whiny and annoying. Definitely not a good reflection of darth vader. The other big bad was tossed aside like trash. Then we get the emperor in last movie but it was so shoehorned in, and coupled with how crappy Kylo Ren was as a baddie, the entire thing fell flat for me.  Forgettable leads, forgettable baddies, forgettable trilogy. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

I'll make sure to include a scene with son telling his mother that he was never born if I am to ever make a movie or a novel

Edited by Hello from Russia

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@justfortoday @Leo Gura (not leo) 

They were good reflections of what came before, but like in a fun house mirror where when you look closer things are completely distorted and strange.  The main character was absolutely forgettable, even if while you're watching it you like her. That right there is enough to tank the trilogy.  I can't even think of one interesting or memorable thing she did or said. 

Kylo ren was not a fun bad guy at all, imo, and mostly whiny and annoying. Definitely not a good reflection of darth vader. The other big bad was tossed aside like trash. Then we get the emperor in last movie but it was so shoehorned in, and coupled with how crappy Kylo Ren was as a baddie, the entire thing fell flat for me.  Forgettable leads, forgettable baddies, forgettable trilogy. 

You know what it is? My expectations were so low after 1-3 that I just thought it as mindless entertainment.

Everything you point out here is a great analysis. The characters did fall flat - especially on Chapter 8. 

@justfortoday ok I take one thing back: it was very memorable when Rey accidentally used the force to bring down the ship in a fit of anger and then thought that Chewie was on it. I kind of connected with that. 

Yeah 1-3 were slow, but I love Natalie, Hayden, and Ewan and their characters so much I mostly forgive any of its faults. I still enjoy the story-lines, as opposed to 7-9. The music is spectacular. Nothing may ever touch the original trilogy in terms of adventure, excitement and imagination. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

All creative work comes from the same source. Creator/created itself. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost