Cammy

A thought influences what/who?

4 posts in this topic

So thoughts are created (I'll not get into that just now) and go ahead and start influencing the way you act/feel etc. These negatives thoughts arise day and day out and affect you but Who are they affecting? You could say the ego/the physical body. I am not a thought myself so to what does this thought Interact with? 

Can someone point me in the right direction of the topic here?

The ego of course, as long as you identify with it, you'll be following any and all thoughts.

You are just a thought. A thought is a thought. A thought arises that says "I don't like my thoughts" but that is another thought. You can only ever acknowledge thoughts with more thoughts. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

45 minutes ago, Cammy said:

So thoughts are created (I'll not get into that just now) and go ahead and start influencing the way you act/feel etc. These negatives thoughts arise day and day out and affect you but Who are they affecting? You could say the ego/the physical body. I am not a thought myself so to what does this thought Interact with? 

Can someone point me in the right direction of the topic here?

This is great inquiry!!

Who or what is actually identifying with these thoughts?

Take a close look.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi