Someone here

How to have a mystical experience?!

45 posts in this topic

@Dodo

LOL chill out bro.. I feel ya.. I feel ya xD

8 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Starve yourself nearly to death like the Buddha did (I don't actually recommend that).

Sounds extreme to me. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Keyhole so how I go about it? Should I actually do something that makes me almost dead (obviously I can't do that) or do you mean just to pretend that I'm dying? 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

11 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

@Someone here You are dying. And you really don't have any other time than now to face it fully if you have not already done so.  Not figuratively or playing pretend, but insofar as something could happen to you today or even tomorrow.  You have absolutely zero control over that whatsoever.  

It's more of a realization that you would let sink in, that you are dying right now.  At this moment.  And it is true

Yes how exactly do I induce this state?  I can't just fake it.. It won't work.. Is there a method or something that I can do to induce it? 

-Osho

1 hour ago, Keyhole said:

I can induce them through a mixture of going through the fear of death, while in a heart centered and mindful place.

I think all the experiences come from that doorway.  If you stare in one spot and do this it should work.  The void will look back at you.

The feeling:

You are dying right NOW and there is nothing that can be done about that.  All you have left is to hold on to that very little bit that is alive inside of you.  There is nothing but that - hold that in place really get that intention going, give it everything that you are no holding back, and then look at something as far away from you as you can see and focus sharply on it, all the while favoring each breath as it fills your lungs as if it will be your last.  Become a connoisseur of the satisfaction of breathing.

And then when you get to the right spot you'll know where that is put your heart into it and sort of surrender everything that makes up the essence of who you are into that open void.

Your heart and death should flow through to the other side and you can bring back stuff from there.

(Time-stamped

Sounds like 5 Meo

@Keyhole interesting .  Thanks. 

Although I'm not really ready to face my death. The smell of death freaks every cell in my body. It's my biggest fear. And it's ultimately what made me interested in seeking existential understanding. However I'm no where near overcoming my fear of death. Near death experiences are usually linked with mystical visions and insights.  To be fair I'm too scared to even go there. 

-Osho