the dreamer

Isolation

4 posts in this topic

i'm new to self development work , and i find that doing it makes me isolated and lonely , and i have no problem with that i mean i never liked talking to people( i feel like they affect me negatively) but can this be bad for me ?

@the dreamer There's nothing 'bad' about isolation, as long as you don't become neurotic about it. In fact, isolation may be best for you if you're self-actualizing. It gives you space and freedom to reflect, contemplate, meditate, and dig deeper into your psyche without a whole bunch of distractions.

It's great to not "need" anyone. Just be aware that you're not using your loneliness as a shield to protect you from the outside world. 

Why do you feel like people affect you negatively? Because they can harm you? (Emotionally) If so, I would actually advice to go out more and face these fears. Get comfortable being vulnerable around people. 

I also find that I feel loneliness when on the journey at times. But that is to be expected. Self actualization with its many disciplines is a lonely generally. But there can be great benefit from being alone; you get to reflect and contemplate on your life, you have time to reflect on your life and what you should be doing and you have a sense of freedom from the lack of obligation.

You also say that you are affected negatively when you talk to other people; that is a sign that there is something the psyche is hiding - maybe some limiting belief because beliefs create your emotions. What is that? Try to identify and become aware of it. From this place of higher awareness, choose your path and trust in that awareness to tell you what is right for you. You can only find this awareness through the self actualization journey so do not abandon self actualization to fix your issue with regards to social interactions.

Let the journey guide give you the wisdom which is a necessity to have you make the right choices in life..