AlexB

Dead End Because Of My Job!

11 posts in this topic

Hey, I feel Im stuck in my personal development because of my job, reaching financial freedom is very hard for me because when I look online for a business, I see all kind of crap, you know "make money online, the simple trick" and stuff like that, I don't really understand where to do the research. The stress I'm experiencing at my job is unbearable plus unfulfilling. I can't even meditate properly without thinking of that chappy job.. I understand that I need to move on or else my personal development journey will reach a dead end. Thank you very much :D

@AlexB ,

I had one of those jobs once :D 

VERY well paid too... It took one 5 years depression and a cancer sentence over my head to get me out in a second. 

What is it that you desire to achieve right now? Please expand a bit on your situation if you want so that we could take it somewhere.. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

If you want you can even do your best meditation in your job by not thinking about it while working. You may not like your job, maybe it stresses you out and takes your free time too much. You can turn this problem into an opportunity.

Not thinking in my job is impossible because I'm a programmer on cnc industrial machines, I'm also very good at it, Already tried that sarper and I practicly don't work that way ahaha.. Anyway my ambitions are to start working online on something but I don't know anything about marketing.. And the only thing I'm good at is coaching my friends in the self help field 

4 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I'm a programmer , I'm also very good at it,..

And the only thing I'm good at is coaching my friends in the self help field 

@AlexB - you might not realize it, but you are/can be good at a lot of things, but there will always be something that stands in your way. 

Please look at this: 

You are very good at your job - but you hate it

You are good at coaching your friends - but you have no marketing skills, plus you are at a "dead end" yourself.. 

Round and round we go... 

So now that things are a bit more clear for me, I would advise you to fully commit to your self development while keeping your job to pay the bills (just for now). In order to do this, search for 1% that you like about your job and only focus at that. (might be the money, might be the fact that you are good at it...) 

Slice the remaining time into comfortable pieces, and move on with your self development slowly but surely. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Nice advice, thank you for the empowering shift ayla I'll use it to stay on track :D

@AlexB I work an 8-5 job as well as started up a side business in life coaching. When I got into coaching I didn't know anything about starting a business, marketing/advertising and I also didn't have a business plan in place. However, I decided to build whilst learning all I need to know. I didn't know where to start so I invested in a business coach. 

I would firstly suggest if you are unhappy at your job now, look for another job around the same if not more pay that is a little more challenging for you, where you get to learn new things that interest you. Making money online isn't easy if you don't know what you are doing and it takes time; so meanwhile having a job that pays the bills and gets you by is important, so find something you can tolerate that allows you to meditate with peace and ease. 

secondly, look at ways you can make money online, having an online shop, amazon/ebay, surveying, I know someone who is good at poker and makes a living just by playing poker online, Kindle publishing, social investment networks, reviewing websites (people pay you for this), testing game apps, virtual assistants are making good money online, reviewing websites, blogging, making you tube videos, there are thousands of ways to make money online. You need to do your research and if your stuck for ideas, do what I do and ask Google.

As I said, making money online can take time depending how much you know about what your doing, knowing your market, taking risks and being patient with the results.

If you're a good programmer, one option for you is freelancing or consulting work. Programmers get paid well, so it's much easier for you to support yourself than other people.

Another option is to find a lucrative programming job, do it for a year or two, cut back on all your expenses, save up like $100,000 in cash, and then quit and start your own thing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Ok i think I'm starting to get somewhere, selling my programs could be something, just imagine that the programs and mechanical pieces I produce, earn my boss about a couple of thousands of euros everyday, I got lucky because they invested in me without any experience and I became a pro in a matter of like one year. But I'm getting tired of a crapy pay when I know my work has much more value, I would have to purchase the software to become a freelancer

Edited by AlexB

I don't feel my computer science course in college is actually helping me to become a better programmer. If anything my indie game development hobby is where I get the bulk of my experience (which isn't really a lot).

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you're a good programmer, one option for you is freelancing or consulting work. Programmers get paid well, so it's much easier for you to support yourself than other people.

Another option is to find a lucrative programming job, do it for a year or two, cut back on all your expenses, save up like $100,000 in cash, and then quit and start your own thing.

Damn, I didn't know programming could be that valuable. You know, my game development and my electronic music hobby can wait for a bit. This post just made me want to focus on coding a bit more. If I ever get significant profit from this, my plan is to let it support my music career because that for me is one of my biggest dreams.

@AlexBunfortunately, you are a hardware geek, Microsoft is doing a fantastic job for free lancers in software but ... the market is full with those people already <_< their Visual studio community license is a dream that came true in 2013 for any indie software programmer ... who can program on .net frame of course xD

luckily i found about it around the end of 2015 but i am trying to ab\use that.