Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whatishappeningtome

Spirituality & Everyday Financial Decisions - Growing Your Business, Investing, 401Ks

7 posts in this topic

How do you reconcile handling everyday finances while maintaining your connection to developing yourself deeper & still reflecting inward?

I'm currently 25 years old and this year I realized the necessity of financial planning as I've been caught in a trap of living pay check to pay check for a couple of years. 

Over the past few months I've been studying all I can about finances, learning about investing, budgeting, planning for retirement etc.

This is great and all, but I find I get sucked into thinking about this stuff for hours a day. I fear that I will spend a huge amount of my life highly concerned with obsessing over how much I'm saving, budgeting and investing, ultimately taking me away from my focus on spirituality.

Has anyone got any thoughts or want to share any experiences on growing your finances, business or savings while maintaining a life which still revolves around spirituality and consciousness?

Well expanding your consciousnesses makes business etc. easier.

It will feel as if you were increasing your IQ everyday if you sit for 1 - 2hr and do some form of concentration oriented practice. 

I could post some links if you are interested.

1 hour ago, Michal__ said:

I could post some links if you are interested.

Sure go ahead. 

1 hour ago, whatishappeningtome said:

This is great and all, but I find I get sucked into thinking about this stuff for hours a day. I fear that I will spend a huge amount of my life highly concerned with obsessing over how much I'm saving, budgeting and investing, ultimately taking me away from my focus on spirituality.

Has anyone got any thoughts or want to share any experiences on growing your finances, business or savings while maintaining a life which still revolves around spirituality and consciousness?

Spirituality is prior, but not separate to financial planning. Spirituality is about the way you work with the world. Your positive attitude, commitment to truth, compassion and values. There's a way to financial plan consciously, and a way to financial plan unconsciously. One could financial plan by watching thoughts of the financial planning come and go, feeling the emotions that arise from the financial planning, and dissolving the ones that don't resonate, seeing the bigger picture of how financial planning doesn't just help the completely illusory I thought, but helps the entire story as a whole, having a strong commitment to financial plan ethically and as honestly as possible - to not get wrapped up in self deception. One could also financial plan without doing any of those things, and spiritual work is choosing to work with the world in a conscious way. Its not about fantasising about cool concepts labelled as spirituality, then separating them from 'normal stuff' and indulging in those fancy concepts. And if that's what you're doing, your biggest fear in your OP(that you're gonna indulge in some concepts and forget about spiritual work) has already been realised. 

1 hour ago, whatishappeningtome said:

Sure go ahead. 

Read The Mushin Way to Peak Performance by Michael Veltri and  Right Concentration (a practical guide to the Jhãnas) by Leigh Brasington.

And try doing only "counting breaths" meditation for a few months (1+ hours a day) instead of the more awakening oriented types. 

It may sound "too basic" but it is the best type of meditation for performance. 

Yes, spend a few years or a decade figuring all that out.

Spirituality will not save you from handling survival.

By day, survival. By night, spirituality. At some point the two will merge. But not for a while.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You have to be ruthless at both. 

They are two way. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.