Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epikur

Lex Friedman podcast

9 posts in this topic

That's a really great podcast, lots to learn from Bach.

Lot's to learn from everyone but just to add conversation there, for me we must differentiate and create hierarchies that we put people in and that we think about objectively, so putting feelings aside inclusive of cognitive biases (so if someone is really good looking that can't be why we're listening to them or say if they're buff so they look "alpha", there's cognitive biases that we fall for here, looking to them as leaders for the wrong reasons).

Almost no one does this and its so, so important to discriminate between people in your social environment including differentiating the reasons for your inner abstract relationships (i.e. "I listen to this person about advice on this or because they get my mind thinking in this way, etc") with those people.

For example so many people listen to Elon Musk, but the guy barely gives any insight, so it makes no sense, that's just a whole bunch of people falling for cognitive biases around status, looks and boldness. There's many qualities I like about Elon, however there's zero reason to listen to him because that's not really the role he plays. Bach here on the other hand gives great advice in this one. Lex is a very savvy guy as well but there isn't much there personally for me to learn unless I wanted to get specific advice from him on say podcasting, AI and other technical things. I like his personality, but that's not a reason to listen to him outside of say interviewing really insightful people like Bach.

As a side note, Lex doesn't reveal everything he knows about neuralace and Elon doesn't share anything near beyond 10% which would have been good to know in his recent presentation on the subject. Elon wears a good poker face smile with great authenticity. That's a very handy quality to have.

Joscha Bach is reverse engineering human psychology to construct an artificial human. 

I shared his talk on this forum a while ago.. You might enjoy it too.

Edited by Epikur

Ok still... But again, words. More words. Never-ending attempt to explain infinite stuff within a finite system. Seems it's really hard to understand what Kurt Godel had discovered.

Edited by Epikur