Ivan Dimi

Is there any correlation between entlightment & compassion?

25 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, allislove said:
16 hours ago, Ivan Dimi said:

Is there any correlation between entlightment & compassion?

That's how I usually check "I am enlightened AMA" threads, purely based on compassion.
Doesn't mean you agree with everyone, it means you are You.

Both this expression and the question it was aimed at remind me of - Conscience.  My own experience of what Conscience is  and how this experience has changed as I have gotten older. To say an increase in conscience means also an increase in Being feels accurate to me. It also feels like the more shadow is removed from my consciousness/subconsciousness, the clearer I can hear the small, still voice, as the saying goes. But primarily Conscience reaches me through feeling. The more shadow work done, the cleaner the emotional center is, which results in increased accurate intuition. Clairvoyance is experienced in the beginning only as brief flashes. At most, the beginning is all I've reached and a shaky one at best. So I'm not implying any kind of great one time sweeping realization or attaining superpowers. ? 

To get rid of guilt is primary. Implanting in humanity the notion of inherent guilt is/was a horrible joke/spell/curse/whatever. I'm not implying psychopathy as a way of life but rather than guilt- remorse- is the correct feeling when I/we have caused harm or violated Conscience.  You have awakened Conscience when you are you and not the reaction from the stern inner voice of the Superego telling us how naughty we've been. The Superego by its nature keeps guilt within the framework of our experience. This highlights the need for individuation which requires integration of our inner aspects which are contradictory or seemingly so. Morality changes from culture to culture and also over time through history. Awakened Conscience has universal unchanging empathy and compassion and is not as changeable as morals yet has a definite tone of responsibility. People who speak completely different languages can understand each other with the 'language of the smile'.

I try to express from my being rather than my personality but ironically my inspired expressions can have the tone arrogance or of telling everyone what's what. So I add this little disclaimer of having unaware unconscious, blatant arrogance and hope rather that the reader hears me with their being rather than their mind as well as overlooking my run on sentences and inevitable typos.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

23 hours ago, Ivan Dimi said:

Lately I am thinking a lot, if there is any real correlation between reaching higher level of conciousness (spiritually) and becoming ethically 'a better person' (more compassionate etc.) as a result. All the religions say yes, my intuition says yes as well, but I don't get it logically / intellectually. The ethics is a social construct and nothing more than a few human made rules (that change always depending on time, country, culture etc.), on the other side we have spirituality and conciousness that are the rock solid TRUTH. So the big question is can a person be a terrible human being (let say a torturer) and at the same time be truly enlightened? Here a interesting video of Slavoj Zizek philosophizing about this issue. Pretty interesting thoughts...

What morality?  The morality of ancient Roman times? Or the morality of ancient Greek? Or ancient Egypt? Or the 21st century western culture? 

Morality is relative.  Good and bad are relative and subjective.  The same act can be perfectly moral in the USA.. If you do it in India its immoral.. And if you do it in the middle east you might die!!  

When you are enlightened you've  seen through all the games of the mind. Morality is a big one. All conditioning drops. You see everything as perfect and inevitable just the way it is. You don't become more compassionate or less compassionate. From your pov you cease to exist. And whatever appears to be done via your body-mind will be THAT doing what it does. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

On 9/30/2020 at 2:02 PM, _Archangel_ said:

a japanese warrior lived in different times, where war was often the only way in wich political drama wold end.
Militar competance was higly regarded because the neighbours tribe or countries could attack you at any moment. No diplomacy like now.
it was a matter of suvive or being killed. This means that a Warrior, even if enlightened, would honor his duty for the sake of future stability.

So war and fight is not hinerently bad. It from the point of view. in 2020, 1st w. countries are at a level of development in wich they can afford to dispise war because we have ingeneered new ways with wich we can solve conflicts.

By today's western standards anyway, it is true that an awakened one is much less likely to be a soldier, bank robber, gang member, gambler etc, even tough it doesen't mean they don't have to survive.
There is a big difference between, for example, eating and punching a granny, even if they are both selfish actions.

Exactly! Thanks for the good input! Now I've got the correlation clearer. Achieving entlightment doesn't mean automatically you change the context of the culture / time you are born in and become let's say a monk, but rather leads automatically that you operate from a higher state of consciousness. So if I use the same example with the Japanese warrior: Even being enlightened he may still be a effective fighter, but probably not the kind of warrior enjoying torturing the enemies...