Can mindfulness meditation be dangerous?

26 posts in this topic

I have found there to be dangers in meditation, I mean you can make a mountain out of a mole hill, It all depends on you.

Edited by Rolo

Ramana Maharshi once said, "Meditation is your real nature. You call it meditation now because there are thoughts distracting you."

I suppose from the perspective of the ego, meditation is very dangerous. It can lead directly to death!

Edited by No Self

A fork is also your true nature, but if you stick it in your eye, that will cause a problem.

One's true nature must be handled properly.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Considering the guy who made this video is a professional sword swallower, I don't think he considers danger much of a problem. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

11 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Considering the guy who made this video is a professional sword swallower, I don't think he considers danger much of a problem. 

Putting sharp objects in your nose or mouth is less dangerous than polluting your mind with stupid ideas.

7 minutes ago, Member said:

Putting sharp objects in your nose or mouth is less dangerous than polluting your mind with stupid ideas.

Good "point". Bahahaha. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost