Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Value

Let's talk about bullying!

5 posts in this topic

So what are your strategies for affectively dealing with bullying or preventing it from happening to y'all? 

Have been through it multiple times in my life so I would love some perspectives on this.

Bullies usually go for the insecure people. 

Best way deal with it is to start doing martial arts and weight lifting. That will give you confidence and the bullies will sense it and automatically leave you alone. 

That is for the guys, I don't understand how girls bully or how to solve that. 

34 minutes ago, Value said:

So what are your strategies for affectively dealing with bullying or preventing it from happening to y'all? 

Have been through it multiple times in my life so I would love some perspectives on this.

The greatest and most powerful weapon the bully has, isn't on what he's capable of believing about you or what he's capable of doing to you. Nor is it his power to convince others to believe in things about you, or convince others what to do to you. His greatest power, is what he can convince you to believe about yourself. 

The bully is motivated by fear. His whole gameplan is to you use to avoid his own fears, insecurities, traumas and self hatred. 

To overcome the bully, you need to be willing to be what the bully isn't. You need to have: self respect, self worth, no fear in who the bully is or what he stands for, no fear in the bully's friends. And most importantly, you need to be at peace with yourself. You need to feel in your bones that you are a good guy/girl, you haven't done anything in the past to deserve the bullying, or at the very least, you've forgiven yourself for those things, and there's nothing the bully can convince you of about yourself. 

It isn’t a problem over here but I’d probably ignore. Fight back if I had to. 

1 hour ago, Value said:

I have some experience on this. The main reason why bullying is effective is because of your own uncertainties, confusions and behaviours that you don't like. If you are insecure about something and that is pointed out, there is that emotinal flood happening no matter what really. For example if you feel like you are not doing what you need to do and get bullied for procrastinating, sure you will get very upset about it and it will bring more damage to you in other areas of your life. If you are afraid of getting hurt, something taken away from you or death, then toughts about physical abuse will haunt you. It is acctually not the bully that is the problem but the assumed enemity towards people, dualistic attitude that, self-hatred and self-denial patterns you carry with yourself. They just get triggered when thinking and encuntering.

Self-purification is a dynamic process, it has to be done every day so the benefits grow. Over time you have more positive cognitions and insults just don't stick to you as much, you don't identify too much with your possessions and you know death is the best thing that can happen to you. Then it get simpler to just ignore them, sleep it off, turn attention on something else like life purpose, questions about nature of reality or even your desires, even if somebody is saying you can't or treathening to take away something from you. Your vibe attracts your life. Wasting time with them will bring destruction. That is their entire goal. Hitting you and expecting you to hit back, or to prove something. They then become center of your life, but nothing but a pest they are, so ignore. Life is very large, too large. Unfortunately there are no short-term solutions, however there are long term ones that will bring you the benefits you never dreamed of.

Working/sitting/experiencing and sitting with the feeling of fear and watching it;

Positive affirmations, meditation, shadow work, yoga, healthy nutrition;

Journaling, contamplative lifestyle;

Not being too involved in these bullying experiences and just sleeping them off;

Focusing on the things you acctually want and spending time strategizing those, visioning about those and holding on to those rather than living your life avoiding something, just make it irrevelant over time;

Edited by Applegarden