Revolutionary Think

Pandemic Pulled me out of my Misery

7 posts in this topic

Before the pandemic started I lost a job at Best Buy I really enjoyed, then I also lost an online sales job that dealt with over the phone selling, then I gave back my car with out buying another one, and last but not least the fridge we had broke and didn't work anymore and we kept having to put food in an ice box. I not only felt broken as in purposelessness but, broken financially too. I got so sad and pissed off that I was being judged. I was thinking to myself will people have enough empathy for me because a lot of people with jobs don't understand that a lot of jobless people are not jobless by choice they are jobless by circumstances. Then all of a sudden the pandemic hits and it's like the world is all in this together and suddenly I don't feel so bad about just staying home and not being able to do anything because the entire world is in the same situation and feeling the same thing. Then the stimulus check hits and extended unemployment benefits and I start feeling better. I decide to do something I was thinking about doing and that thing was buying a drone on Amazon. I buy the drone with tons of money to spare. I start having a lot of fun with it. Now I'm deciding to be a drone pilot professionally that's going to be hard but, I'm going to enjoy the process. It's really strange that a world wide health crises pulled me out of misery and sadness but, I guess the world works in mysterious ways. I'm hoping to get my drone business off the ground and enjoy the process as well. 

Good luck! 

If i'm being honest the pandemic was exactly what i needed and the best thing that happened to me. I really needed a break. 

@Revolutionary Think @BlackMaze

Ya isn't funny how life works this way.  not all disasters are bad, not all circumstances are the same thing for each person, not all bodily, financial or monetary outward stuff means the same thing to each person.  Letting this in can free your life deeply.  If you can really see this perhaps this can help you let go of what "other" people thing, so or believe about you. 

This is true wether your in the room with the person or people, or over the internet.

AND most importantly to notice and perhaps let in, is the voices in your head that tell you what "you" think the other person thinks or believes about "you" and how these images impact your moment to moment experience in negative ways (sure there are positive ways these can impact you but no need to do anything about those since they are positive), and to find the power or confidence to see through this or just let the voice say what they say and not be impacted.

@Mu_ thank you :D this is exactly what i need to practice from now on. 

Can you please further explain how you can see through this? 

Edited by BlackMaze

@BlackMaze reread what I said and keep coming back to it to remind yourself on perhaps a daily basis. Let it sink in. It’s not a logical thing to learn, it happen when it does, just like seeing or hearing, it’s just something that happens.  I’m guessing something about what I said struck you deeply somehow and you want to get it or make sure you don’t lose it. Again just keep coming back to it. Reflect on it, remind yourself of what I said in moments in which you find yourself in the situations i spoke about and it’s happening to you. In time something will hopefully click. Hey