Spiritjunkie

Describe This Photo With Your Own Thoughts...

14 posts in this topic

Share your thoughts about this quote. What does it say to you what's written?

Explain how you would climb the ladder? What stuff would you do daily? And why is taking the stairs better than the elevator?

711.jpg

Edited by Spiritjunkie

Working hard is making the right decisions that are good for you and continuing to do them

@Mercy What specific decision would you never let go off to achieve the success? 

Explain how you would climb the ladder? What stuff would you do daily? And why is taking the stairs better than the elevator?

Edited by Spiritjunkie

Well just sticking to the habits that you think will get you to success is ultimately what I think we should do I guess. You cant take the elevator to success because in the long run it wont last I guess.

The elevator to success : winning the lottery, inheriting a fortune or business, having a liposuction, using steroids...

There are elevators to success, but often people who took the elevator find themselves back on the ground floor in no time. Because they didn't cultivate the mindset, discipline, willpower etc.

@Spiritjunkie

2 hours ago, Spiritjunkie said:

It all depends on what your definition of success is, and what you are looking to get out of life. Do you just want to be at the top? Or, do you want to become the person who deserves to be at the top?

If you take the elevator, you'll get at the top and you'll still be the same person. Same issues, same insecurities, same fears, same self.  By walking up the stairs, you commit to conquering yourself. You commit to do all the necessary work to become the best version of your self = self actualizing.

On top of my head, I'd say these are some of the steps you would have to take

1. Work on yourself to find an area of life you love, a passion. Start learning all about it, immerse yourself in it.

2. Work on yourself to find your strengths and talents. Start developing them. 

3. Work on yourself to create a life where you can spend most of your time doing steps 1 and 2 (new habits, improved energy levels, friends, work...)

4. Work on yourself until you find a way to use and share your strengths, talents and passion with the world, and make a living off it.

5. Commit your whole life to this life purpose = Keep digging, refining, and mastering your craft throughout your whole life.

That was the plot twist, there is no arriving up the stairs - you keep going up, growing up, until you start dying (check out Casey below, he'll tell you in his own way ;) )

When I read what I just wrote, I realize how deeply Actualized.org changed my way to see the world and my own life. Mindblowing.

Good luck on your way up those stairs :D 

@Spiritjunkie everything worth having doesn't come easy. You have to fight for what you want and work hard to get it. Sure there are shortcuts sometimes (the elevator) but you don't learn anything, you don't grow and you are not challenged if you take the easy route. 

Working hard for something you want and then reaching that goal is the most rewarding achievement you could ever do for yourself. The person you become because of it, is a lot stronger, wiser, smarter and more fierce. 

You will feel unstoppable when taking the stairs and finally seeing that view from the top and you will look back at how far you have come, how hard you have worked and you will see just how much you have matured and grown. 

@Spiritjunkie Do not make the mistake by thinking there is a elevator and a stairs and that the stairs is better. There is no elevator to success! That means (to me) that no one is going to take you there. Many people can give you advice on where the stairs begins and the best methods to climb the stair. There may even be people that can walk with you on the stairs! To motivate you and give instructions. But there is no one going to carry you on the stairs. And there is no elevator (no magic pill, no machine) that takes you effortless to success. You have to get off your butt and do the work!

This quite means that if you want something extraordinary, you can't take shortcuts (the elevator). Because it leaves holes in your ability and it cannot bring sustainable long-term success.

There has to be a harsh process of trial and error because it is this process that leads to success over the long term and gives you fulfillment because you actually worked for what you achieved...

13 hours ago, Spiritjunkie said:

Share your thoughts about this quote.

My immediate thought was "what is success?"

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

@Spiritjunkie  this describes that life forces you to fight for good things and worth having things. You have to experience the pain,which is actually a feeling, and other unpleasant things in order to succeed. Its pretty common jn life and we have accepted it. We know its true. Some of us just refuse to apply it in life. The denial. 

Also I think thus quote is a part of these excuses we have in life. Just because we dont want to accept difficulties, we say its diffucult but achievable. Its bullshit but its true unfortunately. Thats how we get things The hard way. I dont know if we created or if its a fact in life. A rule. I mean the existence of difficulties. Or we are not so powerful in front of  some things, but the things are there ready to get them. Who knows ,,,,,,we must find it.

@Spiritjunkie well taking the stairs implies small steps, one at a time, and a bit of a hump to get over at each step as opposed to zooming up in one smooth move as with an elevator 

So success is about consistent daily small habits in this quote