confused

what should i do after hearing about enlightenment ?

7 posts in this topic

I have no career, no purpose, addicted to a lot of stuff, etc. I'm still an 18 years old kid, should I focus on spirituality or delay it for later, or it is possible to do both.

NO.

please don't do it.

please.

The answers to your problem isn't spirituality, it is go make some real frieds. Ask for help.

No shame about that. Im being serious.

@confused No, spend your teens and early twenties building a strong healthy ego. Work towards some career success, dating, health etc. But you would also do yourself a lot of good by implementing a daily meditation habit. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

7 hours ago, confused said:

I have no career, no purpose, addicted to a lot of stuff, etc. I'm still an 18 years old kid, should I focus on spirituality or delay it for later, or it is possible to do both.

I started my spiritual journey at the age of 17...and I still graduated high school, went to college, got a degree, got a job, started a career, dating, marriage, etc.

If you have an interest in spirituality, there is no reason that spirituality can not be pursued, studied, practiced, etc. while living in the world.  There is no reason you can't do both.

It is a mistake to think the two are separate and should be compartmentalized in the first place.

Even eating supper can be done in a spiritual way.  Everyday actions can be done in a spiritual way.  "Spiritual" perhaps is not the right word.  But think of Zen.  Zen has a way of walking, eating, doing chores, etc.  It is integrated with daily life...not separate and compartmentalized.

Just remember to regularly have periods of just being still and silent.  Don't get overly distracted by doing while perusing enlightenment and spirituality.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

10 hours ago, confused said:

The two thoughts are really one experience. As you create financial independence you are focusing on what you are wanting, which is really how it is being created. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE