Simon Zackrisson

Lchf ( Low Carb High Fat )

27 posts in this topic

@Maria M Wow! Which carbs do you eat in your 10%? Is is zero fruit, and how do you feel eating fruit?

@Oliver : yes its almost zero fruit during the day and only some in my morning shake. I keep shaking everymorning: some greens (kale, spinach or rocket or celery,  whatever I have), with some pieces of banana, some berries, some strawberries, alltogether not more than 250 gr to make a full glass. I add protein powder from peas or other (not animal) source and coconut oil (it is fat burning food really!). I make individual 7 packs I put in the freezer and every morning I take one out for my morning my shake...Easy!

Protein in every meal ! Even in morning shake :) it is the #1 fat burning food.

Edited by Maria M

@Maria M Nice! I think the LG fruit works best like berries to maintain fat burning. So do you not eat meat?

@Oliver Yes I eat later in the day :) with the rest of the meals. Because, 60% healthy fat has to come by animal source too. Thus, I dont prefer my steak lean ;) I eat beef, mince beef, chicken, salmon, tuna, eggs for protein. but I keep quantity low. Not much - not more that 150gr per meal. Im a girl though ;) So, I lose weight while I build muscles too. This works perfect with interval training and sleep that lowers cortisol (fat making hormone - blocks fat burning), and inscreases growth hormone (a fat burning hormone). I should not forget meditation as well!

Hope this helps!

Edited by Maria M

Here is another relevant post I made about LCHF. 

In the thread, Veganism Or Vegetarianism?

Edit: Meh I quoted another person in this post, and it doesn't show up here. Go here to see the correct form of the post. 

Warning: Wall Of Text ahead, CAUTION IS ADVISED; ENTER ON OWN RISK 

(: 

1 hour ago, Simon Zackrisson said:

Hello @Phocus

I do appreciate that you are looking out for people's health. Genuinely.

I can understand that, from your perspective, and from the outdated science you're invested in, that it may appear as if the dangers you're describing are accurate. I do understand that it may seem as it would be "cause of death: suicide by food", if the old narrative was to be true. I would probably have thought the same as you, before I acknowledged all the new data that's in.

We might probably disagree a lot. 

We have different perspectives, certain dogma, certain preferences, perhaps different body types.. (idk bout that last one though :P

So, even if it may be easy for both of us to become frustrated, I don't really have an interest in conflicting. 

Not saying you can't call me out for being outrageous or smth like that, I will do the same for you :)

But what I would like, is that in the end, if we can't yet find mutual understanding, that we can at least agree to disagree. 

That the phocus should be on arguments and not on the person.

It is more powerful to construct friends of people then enemies :) 

And when other members read the conversation, it's good demonstration to show that engagement can be without motivation from a personal emotional crusade, that it instead is one that is held in respect to sober discussion. 

Not saying you weren't interested in that from the beginning, it's just reflecting my thoughts.

So, let us begin. 

3 ...

2 ...

1 ...

FIGHT

56cc731e5b048_fightmonkey.jpeg.25f9688e0

jk (=

"JAMA. 1981 Aug 7;246(6):640-4.

Effect of ingestion of meat on plasma cholesterol of vegetarians.

Sacks FM, Donner A, Castelli WP, Gronemeyer J, Pletka P, Margolius HS, Landsberg L, Kass EH.

Abstract

In a controlled trial, 21 strict vegetarians were studied prospectively for eight weeks: a two-week control period of the usual vegetarian diet was followed by four weeks, during which 250 g of beef was added isocalorically to the daily vegetarian diet and then by two weeks of the control diet. Plasma high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol did not change during the study, whereas plasma total cholesterol rose significantly by 19% at the end of the meat-eating period. Systolic blood pressure (BP) increased significantly during the meat eating by 3% over control values, whereas diastolic BP showed no major changes. Plasma renin activity, prostaglandin A and E levels, and urinary kallikrein, norepinephrine, and epinephrine excretions were within normal limits and did not change notably throughout the trial. The study suggests an adverse effect of consumption of beef on plasma lipid and BP levels." 

Impressive. A study done 1981, with a whole of 21 test subjects! With a time period of two months, and no follow up. Really need to say more?

I'm usually way too retarded to interpret studies, but this one screams uncertainty.

According to people who are more educated as to be able to correctly internalize scientific data however, I think science has come a long way since the eighties. The suggested correlation in the study turned out to be inaccurate. If you'd like to see some of the research that this is based on, have a look at the results that science is concerned with now, in the timeline that we're currently living in. 

While it is indeed correct that unmanaged levels of LDL cholesterol can be unhealthy, it is necessary to keep a balanced amount of LDL cholesterol in your system - you do need LDL too.

I feel decently informed on the very superficial level regarding cholesterol, if you'd like to you can check out my current understanding of this matter:

Link to my comment about cholesterol

In short, HDL cholesterol, so called good one, is increased by natural saturated fats, such a eggs or butter. 

In short, LDL cholesterol, so called bad one, is increased by a diet of carbohydrates. 

This is especially true for the refined one: sugar. But also the other slower carbohydrates: potatoes, pasta, bread, rice. Did you know that these actually become slowly processed to sugar in your body?

http://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/science

I suggest revising your perspectives as so they are in accord with the latest reviews in science.

56cc6175e9b3a_ScreenShot2016-02-23at14.3

---------------

Damn, I was going to ask you virtually the same thing. 

How is it even possible that you could come to the conclusion that we are designed to eat a diet that is so new to our body, it is comparable to the last day of an entire year? We have NEVER eaten this much carbohydrates. 

The age of our species is the first point, the age of agriculture in second:

• 3 500 000 years
  • ......10 000 years

What we are, what the human body evolved as, is hunter-gatherers.

Also, the fruits you see today in stores are Nothing like they were back in the day.

Again, consider updating your knowledge. I don't recommend relying on outdated science.

The China Study, released 2005, has been debunked long time ago. It's bad enough that the study was based on observational data, which cannot prove causation, however, it is even worse: The numbers are cherrypicked. 

Example:

56cc6dae0da91_ScreenShot2016-02-23at15.2

We do see eye to eye regarding sugar. I think most camps, despite faction, agree on this. Sugar is fucking terrible for human health.

I think that might be one reason as to why many people are experiencing positive results from changing from the worst diet, the standard western diet, to a less bad diet, the vegan diet. The direct sugar intake is mostly cut out in vegan diet, correct? 

However, as I said before, carbohydrates becomes sugar in your body. So, it's good that one is not consuming the poison in its direct form, which is the worst, however one is still being filled with sugar in a slower way as carbohydrates are consumed. Who'd figured. 

Now I'm not following you.

Are you talking about the website www.dietdoctor.com? 

If so, then you don't have to speculate anything, just check your eyesight for failing vision. They clearly state how they are financed: by paying members.
This is one of the first things you see when you go to the main page on the website.

o.O More outdated science. Neverending. A joke about flat earth is in place.

Incorrect. This is a retarded oversimplification. As we both know, there are different types of cholesterol. Not only fucking one. 

-------------------------

I've read that you can play a funny game with people who insist that cholesterol is dangerous to eat.

The game is to simply ask for a single study that shows this.

so can i haz study 4 dis pls

------------------------------

Wow, okay, so you survived the wall of text. Glad you made it out alive. :P 
I'd like to close with the statement that while it may be tough to do this as a vegan, it's actually perfectly possible to eat LCHF as a vegetarian.

Edited by Simon Zackrisson

Endless nuance

Related to this discussion.

"It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness"

Presence.  Acceptance.  Purpose.

I started on the high protein low carb diet last June.  I lost about 65 pounds.  Christmas threw me totally off and I have struggled from then until now trying to get back on the strict path.  The holidays all have events that I either cook and create special goodies for or there is high stress for me and I am an emotional eater.   Because I can't stand to waste or throw away food as mine costs quite a bit to make anyway, we eat it.  Also, most of my holiday enjoyment centers around my little special stuff that I also give to family and friends as gifts during those events.  I do know that once I get back on the better eating, better schedule, back in the gym during the week, I feel and look great.  I have wondered about self-sabotage issues and that may be a factor here but it seems to be more lack of discipline, stress, no time for me, etc.   I wish I had another low carb buddy to keep me on track.  Maybe I will check in here and that will help.  I have a ton of reasons to take off the 15 pounds I have gained in the next few weeks.  It seems though that no matter what the incentives have been these last 5 months that has not helped me.  When I am doing what this diet tells me to do, it works the best of anything that I have ever tried.  What can I do?