Beam

Worry Takes The Fun Out Of Life

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys ,

Lots of action happening in my life which is forcing me (love it) to practice what I have learned immediately ,  Today an issue that came up that required Big action on my part for the next 3 days , it stressed and worried me for about 10 minutes when it dawned on me that Worry sure takes the fun out of life (  light bulb goes on ) It was at that point I realized that I could handle the problem but more importantly that it would actually be good to accomplish which would make me happy.

Worry is a lie that takes the fun and zest out of life , If your worrying about something in your lives try to approach the problem constructively , as inside every cloud is a sliver lining waiting to be exposed , by you !

Edited by Beam

I look at worry like this: I think back to all the times I've worried about something only for nothing untoward to have acctually ocurred. Therefore proving to myself that the worry was for nothing. It also serves no real use. It doesn't contribute in any way to a situation. If anything it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy as excessive worry can actually cause you to flake out and create a problem that would otherwise have not happened.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

@popi It sure does

@FindingPeace I find the same thing all my worry has been for not with no useful purpose only a detriment.

Was finding myself slipping back into worry mode threw out the night and this morning , thankfully  been able to change my thoughts off the negative and onto the positive aspects of the Day.

I know the worrying will come up less often as my brain develops a healthy positive attitudes that will solve the problems as they come up , not dwell on them.

@Beam how does the saying go.. God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change things that I can and the wisdom to know the difference... ;)

Ah yes , forgot about that one from my AA days around 10 years ago it was my start at smarten up.
Serenity ,
 I had forgot all about the preamble  ! 
good stuff thanks for the reminder

Edited by Beam

There is a sentence in the book "Living The 80/20 Way" and it goes like this:

• 'Worrying is useless. You can decide to take action and not worry or you can decide to not take action and not worry.'

@Beam I sure recognize that. I think many people are raised with the notion: "if you don't worry about something, then you don't care". So people tend to worry a lot to show themselves and other that they care. Of course this is of no use.

H

4 hours ago, Eelco1981 said:

@Beam I sure recognize that. I think many people are raised with the notion: "if you don't worry about something, then you don't care". So people tend to worry a lot to show themselves and other that they care. Of course this is of no use.

When worry is really a lack of faith in ourselves or others 

````````````````````````````

@PetarKa I am trying/doing retraining my brain to take positive action instead of doubt and worry.

It will be worth the struggle , as the old habits are bound to give way sooner or later.
`````````````````````````````

@David1  That was a great explanation , I know of the speaker , he's a character and a very smart one at that.
`````````````````````````````

Thanks all , for your ideas and insight , it helps to hash out the problem to drive it on home.

If anyone has more ideas to share or help to offer it would be great

Edited by Beam