Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chumbimba

How to get out of this rut

6 posts in this topic

I am really stuck in life. I have nothing going for me. I am at a job that I hate. I am trying to become a software engineer but I am struggling to learn code and data structures and algorithms. I just got into a new relationship but my girlfriend and I rarely spend quality time together and I feel just empty inside and depressed all day every day.  I feel lonelier in my relationship than when I wasn't in one.. I don't know what I am doing. I just keep watching tv. I have no vision, no passion nothing. 

Have you taken Leo's life purpose course? It does the job for me 1/5 th of the content in for me and i have tons of material to organise and journal about.

Alter your state of consciousness

Take a psychedelic, or do deep breathwork like holotropic breath work produces psychedelic and probably even stronger experiences than that.

Try to 'solve' your problems and questions there. Or maybe get a better question. Maybe it'll take you some time. 

But at least you'll have fun :)

Exercise and diet are always Nr.1 in these situations, remember that. 

If you're doing those things, maybe try waking up early, go for a run, read, etc.

Quit caffeine. I'm on day 28 and it's absolutely amazing!  

Take cold showers every day to get used to being uncomfortable. 

These are the most actionable practical steps you can take, and remember, life unfolds in chapters and phases. ;)

5 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

Exercise and diet are always Nr.1 in these situations, remember that. 

If you're doing those things, maybe try waking up early, go for a run, read, etc.

Quit caffeine. I'm on day 28 and it's absolutely amazing!  

Take cold showers every day to get used to being uncomfortable. 

These are the most actionable practical steps you can take, and remember, life unfolds in chapters and phases. ;)

First time I've heard someone quitting caffeine and it's happy about it Lol