Pav

Wow, Other People Exist

5 posts in this topic

Have ever stop and thought about what it means for there to be other people? There are other consciousnesses!! Outside of your own. You can communicate with them, share stories, share ideas, share experiences! That's magical! That's incredible!

Realising this inherent beauty in each and every individual, what sense does it make to treat anyone with anything but love and compassion?

And yet.. we don't. We completely take for granted the fact that other people exist. We ignore how much of a miracle that it.

Worse than that, we just see them as tools. We just use them in ways which we think will benefit ourselves. What the fucking fuck?

Edited by Mat Pav

Beautiful how you point it out. It is a mystery/miracle indeed, and sometimes this realisation strikes me, too... so I can relate to that a bit.

Looks like there needs some consciousness work to be done ;-)

stay on track!

Only consciousness exists, therein lies the true beauty and wonder.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

16 hours ago, Mat Pav said:

Worse than that, we just see them as tools. We just use them in ways which we think will benefit ourselves. What the fucking fuck?

How true this is. A sad truth. And once aware of this fact it's hard not to see it everywhere. But this is the ego, the human condition. Everything we do is motivated by the promise of reward, of benefit. You wouldn't breath if it didn't benefit you. So we use and abuse reality around us in any way we can to gain benefit to ourselves: comfort, security, validation and approval. And we do this most noticeably with the other humans that come in to our lives. Even worse than that: we often disguise it as 'love'. But, that's just the human ego for you. Something we have to accept and not to judge or criticise. It is what it is.

It's the fundamental operating principal of being a living being. A fox looks as rabbits and rather than pondering the beauty of another living being, sees them as food to be killed and eaten for it's own survival. That's the nature of reality. Only we create a story that labels this as selfish. In reality it is nothing. It is reality just 'being'. So people 'using' others as 'tools' is  just a story that we tell because for as long as we live our lives as a story of being a 'someone' the story has a 'value' to it that means something in relation to our own self-agenda. When we stop identifying with the stories of ourselves, then the stories of everything else become irrelevent and you are left with just 'being'.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

@Mat Pav I guess everyone's interpretation of people are different. Yes we are guilty of taking people and things for granted and "using people as tools or something for our own benefit", however there are a lot of people in this world who are out to do good, strong minded people who help make the world and other people a better place despite all adversity. 

People are such fascinating creatures and I love that huge part of my job is learning and trying to understand people in order to help their quality of life. People are so different and now two people are the same which makes us all individually unique. 

What some people take for granted, other people will appreciate. You can't change people but you can always control how you respond to others and treat others.