trueself

Is this Kundalini?

6 posts in this topic

Just a bit of background before I go into what I am experiencing...

You guys reading prob get these type of questions all the time...but I am posting anyways!

Always been into meta physics, reality, etc. for my whole life. Stumbled upon Leo's youtube channel about 4 years back. Been listening non stop. I must admit I have2 not meditated as much as he suggests. But I do practice alot of mindfulness in general day to day life. Ok that's it for the very short intro..

How does one put this into words..not sure if my Kundalini has awoken or what is going on. It started about 3 days ago while driving. Basically I had a very deep understanding / realization that the I or me is a complete illusion. As soon as I "thought" that or realized that, some weird feeling and extremly good feeling started to course throughout my body. I almost had to pull the car over.

That was 3 days ago, now it seems whenever I think and I mean DEEPLY contemplate this "I am an illusion" this feeling starts up again. I have had about 7 or 8 of these experiences in the past 3 days! It's pretty powerful! Almost like all body orgasm? It seems I can almost do this at will? Any insights here? Is harmful to do this too much? It also seems to spontaneously wants to start at times.

Thank you!

:)

As soon as I "thought" that or realized that, some weird feeling and extremly good feeling started to course throughout my body.

You'll need to be a bit more specific about your feelings and what exactly are you feeling, and thinking.

I have2 not meditated as much as he suggests. But I do practice alot of mindfulness in general day to day life.

If you haven't really done some more or less serious meditation or self inquiry, I doubt that the "I" is really starting to loosen up

You might be just starting to becoming more aware of the "I" which the ego might start to feel as a threat.

Probably nothing to do with kundalini.

It could be kundalini. Nirmala Devi activated everyone's kundalini, in the 90's I think. It's active but most people have constricted chakras so only a small part of it reaches the crown. Maybe when you enter that state you open your heart and more energy flows into your body which results in those pleasant feelings. When I play with my kundalini and the energy gets too strong I can feel a bit tired after, but follow your feeling and intuition, you are unique so I don't know what is right for you.

Edited by Seraphim

@trueself I wouldn't get hung up on the terminology, energy is just energy, but yes it sounds to me like an energetic thingy.

I suspect that your contemplation allows you to relax and let go in a way that you normally don't, and that's when lifelong tensions and blocked energy has a chance to release. This can indeed feel very good and freeing.

Dear @trueself ,

Yes, kundalini can awaken even with light practices with awareness starting to awaken. In some people it awakens without any provocation.

But, the way you describe your situation. lot of mindfulness day to day is not a small practice.

Every kind of a mystical experience involves kundalini. Without kundalini there are no mystical experiences. During such experiences, like Seraphim pointed outonly small portion of it finds the path to flow and if it flows, some portion of past karma & conditioning dissolves, some kind of experience is experienced. 

But, not all mystical experiences are symptom of full kundalini awakening happening in future.

But, still to be on the safe side; don't do contemplation exercises during driving or any such times. If suddenly kundalini went Nuclear, it'll be problematic.

Continue your contemplation or even can do meditation. But, don't force it.

Edited by PopoyeSailor