Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rajneeshpuram

Should I stop reading the news? They create confrontation

11 posts in this topic

It looks like the elites want the society to be confronted. Divide and conquer.

right vs left

zoomers vs boomers

antifa vs patriots

blacks vs whites

democrats vs republicans

I see it daily in twitter (the most cancerous social media ever), but also in news depending of the political trend of the newspaper or Tv.

Whenever I see an unfair new or certain politician saying crazy things I get angry and this ruins my day. And the worst is the fake news created by each side to create more hate.

It's easy to fall into their trap when the ego gets attached to an ideology and creates an identity from this. Even spiritual people like Leo I've seen falling into hatred towards Trump.

Today pondering the situation I realized it's better for emotional wellbeing to ignore the news. I have my own moral principles and this will make me join one side If I fall in the confrontation trap.

From a meta perspective it's a cognitive dissonance to understand nonduality and fall into the division traps whenever we are "off guard".

Reminds me of this scene from They Live.

Anyway, I recommend reading your news online, not watching it. Read news from a variety of different outlets - read news from conservatives, libertarians, democrats, progressives, ect. Doing this will help you keep informed with less bias & distortion of facts. I also wouldn't suggest spending more than 2 hours per week taking in news.

Don't watch news. Full of coronavirus fear like 'Today 17,000 more cases' and 'Today 90,000 more cases'. That's literally what they do!

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

I've stopped following the news in 2016 and it has been a good decision! But it all depends on your goals in life.

Want to be a politician? You should probably be informed about the current political landscape.

Want to be a scientist? You should probably know about the newest discoveries and inventions.

If you want to get in shape you will have to clean up your diet. Same goes for the mind. Want your mind to be in shape? Clean up your diet. Stop consuming stuff that is irrelevant/unhealthy. News (not just news but media in general) is just junk food for the mind.

beep boop

1 hour ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Don't watch news. Full of coronavirus fear like 'Today 17,000 more cases' and 'Today 90,000 more cases'. That's literally what they do!

Coronavirus Denial is even stupider. Your own mind is sneakier and more devilish than any outside enemy you create.

Edited by Extreme Z7

7 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

Coronavirus Denial is even stupider. Your own mind is sneakier and more devilish than any outside enemy you create.

This thread is about the media. Don't derail it.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

@Parththakkar12  What I said was about the media. So many morons with anti-mainstream-media-bias nowadays criticizing it from below not above.

picardfp.jpg

How naive of these new age people to assume that leftist and rightists, zoomers and boomers, ect could just 'get along' and we could hold hands and dance around the fire. How the hell can a trans anarchist get along with a skin head with a swatiska tattooed on his arm.

These groups exist independent of the "elite's" interference, these people have different opinions and they hate eachother for that, it's that simple. It's just that a person that support BLM might punch a racist person in the face, an alt right person however might run over a crowd of people with their car. You can understand why most people on this forum are more infavor with leftism even though we are not completely aligned with it's ideology, it's the best thing right now in this time of history to evolve human society to that hippy dippy green commune utopia that you like so much.

Left and Right are not 'just as bad', saying this in this forum only makes you look like a docile centrist.

And for the last time,

THERE ARE NO ELITES, AND THEY ARE NOT PULLING ANY FUCKING STRINGS.

Everybody is just operating out of their subconscious urges and tendencies, period.

And yes, if you can't handle it, you shouldn't watch the news.

Yes they create very low level behaviour. Your right.  If you want to be an idiot, then you should watch as much as possible , while drinking and complaining about the world with a other victim friend:

Keep up with just enough news to have a pragmatic understanding of what's happening in the world, but don't worry about knowing all the tiny, they are mostly irrelevant.

Pretty much everything is out of our control anyways, so don't stress about that it's pointless.

Just focus about being a conscious individual that uplifts others in whatever way you can in your community. That's the impact you can have that will spill over into the larger world.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege