Somerset Creede

What Can Kids Already do that We're Trying to do with Inquiry Work?

5 posts in this topic

I'm trying to work out a list:

What are we, in inquiry/enlightenment work - as adults - trying to unlearn that kids already know how to do?

I appreciate the suggestions.

I'm working on writing a piece centered around the idea on not encouraging kids to grow up so rapidly, out of convention and societal pressure.

First post here. Actualized and inquiry work saved my life last winter.

They are much better at being authentic because they aren't tied down by social conditioning.

This makes them more honest about themselves and their surroundings. Like a small child isn't going to care how his or her opinion will make you feel or if it will make things awkward. They don't have the social conditioning to understand that yet and that can create a lot of funny situations lol. If they like something, they'll let you know. If they don't they won't hesitate to express that either. 

This also makes them more imaginative. Because they are good at identifying what they like and don't like and they have yet to be tied down to the limits of social conditioning and other societal limitations. They will express themselves without caring about how foolish or outlandish their ideas may sound. 

Their imagination and their honesty also combine to make them seem more lighthearted and carefree. They can be authentic to themselves and really have fun without thinking twice about what other people will say. 

Also everything is so new to them so there is also a sense of curiosity and wonder of how everything works. Because of that, they have yet to be jaded or bored about their surroundings and for better or for worse they are a sponge taking in all the information around them. 

This can make a child appear more optimistic and enthusiastic about the world around them especially when you combine their imaginativeness. 

And when you combine that sense of curiosity with a particular subject that really interests a child, they have no problem tapping into that sense of passion. 

TLDR: Authenticity, Imagination, Carefree/Freedom, Curiosity, Optimism, Passion

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

They ask questions about everything

Describe a thought.

One of the problems is that kids are already lost, and are part of the cultural matrix the moment they begin mimicking (infantry)... But an innocence remains, that blissful uncertainty of what's next. The uncertainty remains but adults learn to fear it.  Kids also are not yet bored and disillusioned with reality. They don't know who they are and it's amazing. Adults pretend to know who they are, and that's just the nail in the coffin.  Self inquiry exposes these assumptions as works of fiction. 

It would be hard to convince society not to let kids grow up too fast, and of course kids grow at different speeds. But I think it's imperative to give kids better coping mechanisms and maybe just teach them it's OK to be fluid. A rigid identity is suffocating. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Kids have wild dreams. Most adults are more pragmatic.

Edited by hyruga