Red-White-Light

Spiritually Frustrated

65 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Carl-Richard I’m not deciding which authority decides that. It’s common sense, Jesus!

How do you decide what is common sense?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

15 hours ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Carl-Richard Science is a rather big authority figure when it comes to reality. 

As much as science may have a lot of things right, it has a whole lot more things wrong. Not only conventionally speaking, but more importantly for our purposes about the most fundamental things about reality. And that turns out to make all the difference. Most scientists and certainly mainstream scientists are as ignorant about this stuff as the next guy, and you'll want to leave their views behind if you ever want to move past them.

But that's a big if...

"Why level downward to our dullest perception always, and praise that as common sense? The commonest sense is the sense of men asleep, which they express by snoring."

2 hours ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Carl-Richard Do you know what common sense is?

Do you?

20 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Carl-Richard

Such a pointless question, I’m finished with this discussion.

Ok. You were supposed to show me which definition of the word that you're willing to extend your authority to. Only you decide what is an authority. The only way you can awaken to yourself is by trusting yourself.

Edited by Carl-Richard

21 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Carl-Richard You’ve already given your authority away to theoretical ideology and you don’t even realise it.

I do realise it, and I don't pretend that I'm not doing it. I'm saying I am doing it, and you're also doing it.

Edited by Carl-Richard

48 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I do realise it, and I don't pretend that I'm not doing it. I'm saying I am doing it, and you're also doing it.

Yes, but that doesn’t necessarily interfere with one’s ability to look directly at Actuality with clear discernment, unless your intellect interferes as a distraction. Once you have enough awakenings, it doesn’t matter what you give your authority to, there’s a permanent paradigm shift.

@bejapuskas We’re having a respectable debate, it’s not going around in circles. I’ve actually got some insight from this.

3 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

@Red-White-Light @Carl-Richard  Guys please stop going in circles, this is an online community that is meant for personal development.

I was helping the dude with his personal development based on my own experiences of personal development, but ok :( 

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I was helping the dude with his personal development based on my own experiences of personal development, but ok :( 

I allow all 3 of ya to help me with my own personal development. Np greatful. Where to start? 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Red-White-Light I understand from what you have written that you have used the boat to cross the river. you have had all those experiences, mystical and nirvanic realms. you are passionate about the truth, but if you want to go further, you must drop the boat. give up all the things you think you know. give up all your conclusions, become like a child raising a finger to touch the moon. start questioning everything, every belief about who you think you are, about every object around you in the room. don't trust any authority. what you will find after you do this your brain becomes very sensitive, a free brain will become an extremely powerful tool to aid you to discover what is true. you are very close because frustration is a sign that your ego is dying. be still and know. surrender yourself and the Truth will come to you naturally.

45 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Only problem is person is gone with all of "his" samsariatic emotions.

200.gif

@black_math49 I understand the perspective your coming from, however it doesn’t dismiss the dualistic nature of reality. There is still the laws of duality in place, whether you transcend them or not.

@Red-White-Light I agree with you in our current state of consciousness we cannot deny the dualistic nature of reality, however. I believe it can be transcended. Since you reject pseudoscience and prefer rational and scientific ways to discover this truth. I highly recommend you read the book by   G. Spencer-Brown - Laws of forms If you haven't read it already. It is free if you google it.