Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
raphaelbaumann

Mahasamadhi?

26 posts in this topic

Peace

This topic has already been mentioned on the forum but it still doesn't seem clear to me.

"You will take the entire universe with you" "You are imagening the entire universe"

How is it that we are still here after people have entered Mahasamadhi again and again. If they take everything with them, shouldn't it be all inclusive?

Something is missing in my conceptual understanding. If you got it conceptually, glad to hear about it

You are imagining other people entering mahasamdhi. There is only you. Everyone and everything are just figments of your imagination. When YOU enter mahasamadhi then you will take the entire universe with you. Only when YOU do it.

If a fish merges with the ocean then what's left? I would say the ocean's point of view.

Why does the ocean's POV not include all the fractions in it when one of the fraction merges with it? 

@raphaelbaumann There is only the oceans POV, YOUR POV. You are imagining POVs of other fishes and you are imagining other fishes merging with the ocean. I am a fish you are imagining right now.

1 hour ago, actualizing25 said:

You are imagining other people entering mahasamdhi. There is only you. Everyone and everything are just figments of your imagination. When YOU enter mahasamadhi then you will take the entire universe with you. Only when YOU do it.

Is the "exit" done through will alone? 

@actualizing25  Alright I get what you mean. I get that it's one homogenous field of consciousness which imagines it all. 

But still, why would all the fishes end if one fish merges with the ocean? 

Edited by raphaelbaumann

@JosephKnecht I haven't entered it, otherwise I wouldnt be here writing lol. The only way you will find out is by actually doing it. The people you have imagined who entered that state are not in your imagination anymore so you cant ask them.

@raphaelbaumann There are only fishes in your imagination. There is only one,you. You are also imagining that you are a fish. So if you merge with the ocean all the imaginations will stop= infinite Love/God/infinite formlessness.

Mahasamadhi is just a thought. There is no person to have Mahasamadhi, because being person is a thought. So Mahasamadhi right in front of you, if you dont think. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

1 hour ago, actualizing25 said:

@JosephKnecht I haven't entered it, otherwise I wouldnt be here writing lol. The only way you will find out is by actually doing it. The people you have imagined who entered that state are not in your imagination anymore so you cant ask them.

Yes, that is obvious. 

I was just curious about how the choice for maha-samadhi appears to those who achieve it?

Since they have no previous knowledge of how to do it, does the choice appear in their imagination, and only through pure will they can accept it? 

@JosephKnecht I think you can achieve it when you consciously and selflessly decide to do it. When the moment comes to merge with inifinite love forever, I think you will then know what to do. Maybe Leo can give you more information on that. @Leo Gura

3 hours ago, actualizing25 said:

@raphaelbaumann There is only the oceans POV, YOUR POV. You are imagining POVs of other fishes and you are imagining other fishes merging with the ocean. I am a fish you are imagining right now.

So do you deny that the ONE ocean has multiple POVs?

I'm sorry but that opinion that's becoming fashionable here seems like a very naive form solipism that people use just to play games. I'm not denying solpism per se, just the one-pov version of it.

Yes, you are imagining all others POVs AS GOD, not as one POV imagining others.

If you really believe that why are you even bothering to reply this thread?

Mahasamadhi is the end of one of the multiple POV of the One. That's what is ment by ending the universe. Even Leo in the same video says that there will remain the imagination of the suffering of his relatives if he dies.

Edited by Fran11

@Fran11 If only one POV ends, then why does the universe end?

You are saying that all other POVs are continuing to exist, which means that the universe still exist, even when you die (materialism).

15 minutes ago, actualizing25 said:

@Fran11 If only one POV ends, then why does the universe end?

You are saying that all other POVs are continuing to exist, which means that the universe still exist, even when you die (materialism).

No, I'm not saying there's an objective material universe and that it continues to exist. The word universe in that context means your POV, because that's all you ever encounter in your experience by definition, that's the universe for you, and it ends with Mahasamadhi.

Edited by Fran11

8 minutes ago, actualizing25 said:

@Fran11 okay, does my POV not end when I physically die aswell?

According to most traditions it continues to experience manifestetion by reincarnation or as a disembodied being. I haven't confirmed that by direct experience though so I wouldn't argue too much on that.

@Fran11 Thank you for your messages. So to summarize it, when I die the POVs of my brothers for example will continue to exist?

15 minutes ago, actualizing25 said:

@Fran11 Thank you for your messages. So to summarize it, when I die the POVs of my brothers for example will continue to exist?

You're very welcome ?

According to my current understanding, yes.

3 hours ago, Fran11 said:

Mahasamadhi is the end of one of the multiple POV of the One. That's what is ment by ending the universe. Even Leo in the same video says that there will remain the imagination of the suffering of his relatives if he dies.

That's what I would say aswell. But when did Leo say that there will remain the imagination of the suffering of his relatives if he dies/mahasamadhi?

Edited by raphaelbaumann

3 minutes ago, Fran11 said:

You're very welcome ?

According to my current understanding, yes.

Being exist is a thought. If you dont name and label leo, he will be nothing as you. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."