Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
strwbrycough

Non Dual Awareness

12 posts in this topic

Leo, I hope this finds you. SWIM has had some similar experiences you outlined on both mushrooms and Lsd. Swim also has a daily meditation habit has taken your life purpose course and has been on the actualized path for awhile now. So Leo touched on permanent state of on dual awareness. Why is it that we can easily zone in on that state on psychedelics but in daily meditation we don’t even come close. The truth has been tangibly seen, the illusion dissolved what is holding one from being able to do that all the time? what is holding us back from jumping right back in? in meditation yes mind relaxes and there is a energy buzz but not a full blown immersion into truth, why is this? any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Consider that actually you haven't see the Absolute Truth, and that the Truth is SO radical you cannot even imagine it in your wildest dreams during your wildest trips.

The mind cannot really hold Absolute Truth. It seems like it has to dip into it, then come back down to the human level and integrate the Truth is limited human ways. At least it's like that until you've REALLY done TONS of work. Then it seems like it can stick.

Don't underestimate the power of the ego-mind. It will take more than one enlightenment to make a significant dent in it. And a regular psychedelic trip is not even enlightenment. So yeah...

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

the best part is there really is nothing to realize we already have it inside of all of us, and we know this is all a concept not truth why is it so difficult to actually experience?

@strwbrycough Because it's so radical. How can something grasp Nothing or Infinity? How can you grasp that you and reality are literally an infinite self-conscious singularity?

There is no way. It's utterly baffling.

And yet the truth is that you are that.

Knowing is NOT sufficient. You have to become it.

All of this is not true, it may be what someone at some point needs to here, buts that's all it is, figure out if you're one of those people. If not, is useless. Even if it comes from Leo. 

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Because it's so radical. How can something grasp Nothing or Infinity? How can you grasp that you and reality are literally an infinite self-conscious singularity?

@Leo Gura In a strange way I have always related to the "singularity". Not with the mind directly. But it's as if something beyond "me" knows this all to well. To my mind it feels as if something very important has been forgotten. It feels as if it is there but hiding out of sight from the mind. It's felt, rather than known. That's the best way I can convey it.

@cetus56 If you ever actually experience absolute infinity, it will take your breath away. Best experience EVER!

On 8/6/2016 at 3:46 PM, strwbrycough said:

what is holding us back from jumping right back in?

Because "you" keep believing you are this mind-body organism. You've been so heavily conditioned to, when you were never in it.

@Leo Gura What is described here is exactly what I experienced on several rare occasions. This is the definition of "ego death" (I just found this yesterday).  Does this sound anything like "infinity" ?  Or not even close?  So I'm a little confused on this "ego death" experience and how much "infinity" may differ from it. Same? slightly different? Hugely different?   *This seems like a description of more than just "ego death" to me. But what do I know.:) 

According to Leary, Metzer & Alpert (1964), ego death, or ego loss as they call it, is part of the (symbolic) experience of death in which the old ego must die before one can be spiritually reborn.[13] Ego loss is

... complete transcendence − beyond words, beyond space−time, beyond self. There are no visions, no sense of self, no thoughts. There are only pure awareness and ecstatic freedom from all game (and biological) involvements. ["Games" are behavioral sequences defined by roles, rules, rituals, goals, strategies, values, language, characteristic space−time locations.....

For me what felt as enlightenment was like my brain turned inside out. In the first few weeks it felt like my right side of the brain caught fire. Instead of perceiving myself as a point behind my eyes in the middle of the brain and thought emanating from there, now I perceive my self as something outside the head and thought are happening there. One of the  difference that I observed is that the thoughts are not emotionally charged anymore and don't create suffering. All this happened without any hallucinogens but with a lot of emotional suffering.

imagine the whole infinite universe is your eyeball, your eye doesnt look to any directions because there's no directions. The eye is simply experiencing itself. Go outside, look at a tree, in our linear logical thinking we are looking to a tree, but the truth is  the tree is part of your body, yourself, so the tree is seeing itself. So if someone ask I dont feel the tree when it's cut? hmm.. so does your hair, or when you cut your finger nails,  thats you part of you:)