Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Call Me Whatever

Creative Impotence

8 posts in this topic

My mind is currently a madhouse, rather than an Ashram.

I need to do much more inner work before I go down that road again. I'm fighting way too many demons right now as I try to make sense of all this. 

There is no secret formula for this one. It will take a lot of introspection and patience to get to the root cause of this. It's probably some emotional barrier. Personally, my emotional barrier is fear. My depression isn't all that helpful either.

beep boop

@ShugendoRa haha yea as a producer myself (music) I can attest to that lmao. But it's only highlighting what's in oneself; I've seen plenty of people who have done psychedelics with shit work, so it ain't a magic bullet. 

@Call Me Whatever I was in the same position as you, you're telling yourself this story that you lack creativity; you're judging yourself before really trying. Believe in your ideas and take risks, be as vulnerable as possible. Lessen your attachment to your work; whatever happens, happens. When the ego gets too involved in the creative process it ruins it from my experience. Try to be more open and less judgemental (mindfulness helps here). Try to explore areas of your field you aren't used to (e.g. if you're in music try listen to genres you wouldn't listen to and try find something you appreciate there) and try see if you can incorporate those elements into your own work. Keep things fresh always.

Also do things that you get you OUT OF OUR HEAD. Exercise and meditation is a solid combo but whatever does it for you will do. Hope that helps. 

On 8/5/2020 at 9:22 PM, Call Me Whatever said:

What's its cause

Identifying. Creating to create, focus is on creating, and the creator is bliss and freedom. Creating to be a creator who is seen or perceived a certain way, is self referential, and is suffering because what is believed to be creating is creation. There are not three; creator, creation, creating. Everyone who has ever created anything, is you. Every creation, is you. Everything that will ever be created, is you. 

and how does one escape it? 

All there is, is creativity. We are, and are playing in & as, God’s mind. All that is, is creativity. All that is, is an appearance. All is coming and going, popping in and out of existence. The more you know about what matter is, the less you know about what it’s becoming. The more you know about what matter is becoming, the less you know about what it is. It seems between these two, there is focus. The “point of convergence”. Notice the feeling of focusing on what is, and compare it to the feeling of focusing on what can be, what you want, what you’ll create. Welcome that feeling, witness It (creation) creating. Take no credit. The one to escape, is the creation, and thus can not. There is only to let the belief of non-appearance, go. Apparently.  You are not a solid. You’re liquid love, God’s mind, creation. Creating by appearing solid, and sacrificing the knowing of your infinitude to do so. Waste not. You’re ‘here’ for but a brief appearance. Create.

Experientially, there is thought & feeling for you. You don’t have to think & feel for others. They have thought & feeling of their own. You do you. Your way. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Thank you guys for the responses! 

@Nahm A part of what you wrote made me think of this question: "Are you in-love with the art, or yourself IN the art?"

My best creations happen when I totally forget myself. It's meditative in a sense, and extremely satisfying. 

1 hour ago, Call Me Whatever said:

Thank you guys for the responses! 

@Nahm A part of what you wrote made me think of this question: "Are you in-love with the art, or yourself IN the art?"

My best creations happen when I totally forget myself. It's meditative in a sense, and extremely satisfying. 

Said no one. ✊??

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE