Jonsey

What is the point of having a girlfriend or marriage...

26 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2020 at 5:44 AM, Meta-Man said:

Why the desperate need to pass on ‘your’ genes? Now that’s some serious selfishnessness.

Practically speaking, the less you have/own the less it will be to surrender in terms of attachments.

For me, in terms of enlightenment, I don’t really feel ready for a girlfriend until my ‘work’ is completed. As long as there is even the tiniest bit of ego in me left, symptoms of ego will inevitably surface from time to time. And that’s not what I need right now. 

That said, I know a guy who, through some kind of miracle, completed the path without getting a divorce, lol.

For me it always seemed the wisest to get the Truth first - then let the chips fall where they may.  

Waking up is the riskiest business there is, so why add more stuff when you’re busy emptying your house? It’s like begging for attachments.

Somebody enlightened, whether they have 1$ or 10m$ in their bank account, lives in absolute poverty/complete loss.

Finally, of course, you’re not really in control of whether or not you’ll get a girlfriend or reproduce or not. As a body/mind, you are not the doer. You are being done.

Well, @Meta-Man  if I'm selfish, than Barack Obama is selfish. 

7 hours ago, Jonsey said:

@cobalto

The lesbian couple probably wouldn't need my money. I'm paying them due to the risk of my genetic mutation being passed down to my offspring, hence why I was kicked out of the sperm donor program. I was told my condition made me a hard sale to potential couples who wanted kids via sperm donation. 

Why do I need a son, daughter or kids in general? Well, the same reason Barack and Michelle Obama wanted to have kids. The same reason why the man wanted to be President of the United States. He felt he could do good in the world. He felt he could enact policies that could enrich the lives of those in dire need of enriching. Give hope to those who need it. I feel I can do for the lesbian couple and the kids what he did(or tried to do during his time in office) for the people of this country(USA).

The ladies can do or fuck whoever they want to do or fuck. As long as they take care of themselves and the kids I will love them regardless of their actions and I will always have their backs. If they want to start a business and need me to look after the kids I will have their backs. If they need time to work on their marriage I will gladly take care of the kids while they focus on their issues. 

President Obama didn't run for President for power or free pussy. He ran for President so he could do good for the people. I want to be a sperm donor not so I can get access to free pussy(power) so I can do good for the kids. Again, the lesbian couple are my "Xfinity War" but the children they have via sperm donation will always be my "Endgame." I love them both, but one movie I will always love more than the other.

What da..... 

Marriage is the dumbest shit ever. Leo says it is chimp behavior to get married.

Fucking LOVE this video.

Edited by Arcangelo
time

I would say make mindfulness as your primary goal, or whatever tradition you are following, but if we take mindfulness as an example you will have two flavours of practicing, formal meditation and practice in daily life, So in each case you really shouldn't worry about getting married or not, if you really pursue enlightenment, then in case you don't get married you will be lonely, you can make mindfulness as your primary goal in approaching the feeling of loneliness, If you eventually get married you should also make mindfulness as your primary goal in approaching the numerous problems and situations you will be put in. So both cases will be beneficial in your process of waking up. In my experience, If you put your full attention in your goal, it will come smoothly. I guarantee that you will not feel the burden of raising a family if you are truly mindful all day.

Also to throw in some wisdom from the bible : 31“Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ 32“For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.34“So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

22 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

Marriage is the dumbest shit ever. Leo says it is chimp behavior to get married.

Fucking LOVE this video.

I fucking love it too my friend...

Edited by Jonsey
Wanted to embellish my response