peachboy

Is "Love of Family" a statement of subtraction?

7 posts in this topic

If Infinite Love is the base, when someone says "I love my family" surely what they're actually saying is, "I no longer love the others."

Far from "I love my family" being a statement of beauty, is it actually a statement of subtraction?

Jesus said: 

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person’s enemies will be those of his own household. - Matthew 10:34–36

Perhaps that's what he meant. The total disintegration of discriminative love / group preference, predicated on the understanding that we are all one.

No, it is not a subtraction. One can love everyone, but have a particular love for their family. This is natural.

Edit: I don't know if that quote is truly of Jesus. I know part is an old testament reference.

My interpretation of the verse is like how people get so heated about their religious beliefs. The division is based on who believes what Jesus is saying and who doesn't. That's just a guess though, it may even be somewhat nonsense.

Edited by Artsu

4 hours ago, peachboy said:

If Infinite Love is the base, when someone says "I love my family" surely what they're actually saying is, "I no longer love the others."

Far from "I love my family" being a statement of beauty, is it actually a statement of subtraction? 

As if the family & others were other than infinite love.

@Artsu 

He’s talking about awakening...being awake or alseep. Most if not all of the way Jesus is credited to have spoken is to awakening vs believing him. There’s exceptions, misquotes, etc, but I’m speaking generally to the intention portrayed. Similar to the Matrix scene with the woman in the red dress. He, and Morpheus as well are trying to convey the non-particularity of love. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 hours ago, peachboy said:

No because when they say it they are only imagining their family so there are no others.

Others are imaginary and only exist in the moment they are imagined - including your family.  So all are just expressions of yourself or oneness.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 hours ago, peachboy said:

Jesus said: 

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person’s enemies will be those of his own household. - Matthew 10:34–36

Perhaps that's what he meant. The total disintegration of discriminative love / group preference, predicated on the understanding that we are all one.

loving someone can never be a substraction.

Loving one's family and no-one else is just a very narrow focus of the radiance of infinite love. 

The point of life is to make this focus as wide as possible:->

Yes, Jesus was talking about self-realization. And your familiy members often do not support your own awakening/self-realization since they are afraid that your infinite freedom will make you fly away from them. Ego wants things to stay the same, as long as survival is maintained. Homeostasis.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

As if the family & others were other than infinite love.

@Artsu 

He’s talking about awakening...being awake or alseep. Most if not all of the way Jesus is credited to have spoken is to awakening vs believing him. There’s exceptions, misquotes, etc, but I’m speaking generally to the intention portrayed. Similar to the Matrix scene with the woman in the red dress. He, and Morpheus as well are trying to convey the non-particularity of love. 

Jesus was speaking of the divine love.

This got misrepresented as "believing in Jesus", but its actually about accepting the message of the divine love and then receiving it. The term "kingdom of God" is used in relation to the divine love.

On 01/08/2020 at 8:00 PM, peachboy said:

On 01/08/2020 at 9:28 PM, Artsu said:

No, it is not a subtraction. One can love everyone, but have a particular love for their family. This is natural.

What if one was to substitute the word family for the word country?

Or for people, or race, or bloodline....etc.

I find the concept of family to be particularly strange. I get that some people find the neurochemical bonds to famiy as natural, but something being natural doesn't excuse it from being a manifestation of ignorance. After all, many animalistic pursuits can be considered to be natural, but that doesn't mean that they're not a problem. Tribal sentiment (and conflict) is historically the belief in another identity, where clearly there is only the One identity.

You said: -

One can love everyone, but have a particular love for their family.

Now let's change up the variables and redraw it:-

One can love everyone, but have a particular love for their race.

Don't you find that statement problematic? What is the difference between family, tribe, race, country?