Jennjenn

Trump is banning Tik tok

46 posts in this topic

wut 

dude is handling this like some sort of mafia extortion scheme 

Lol, Trump must be talking about something else here.

"Without going into any detail, the president asserted, essentially, that the U.S. should get a cut for allowing the deal to happen." - USA TODAY, Aug 3, 2020

One expert said that China has spent trillions of dollars on microchip research and development alone. It's not about short-term profit. And the U.S. government getting a cut, that's equally insignificant, unless by cut Trump means money that comes from technological knowledge and user data. From the same article:

"TikTok represents not just a risk of data privacy Chinese surveillance, "but also a direct challenge to U.S. technological dominance,” said Michael Priem, ... "The vast amount of data gathered from your behaviors on TikTok allow Bytedance to predict, with astounding accuracy, what you are or are not likely to do," Palmer said. "This is an unprecedented capability.""

@Anderz

Yeah well, you do not answer my Question. But I did not expect it.

It's funny to see as a Outsider how Trump makes China even stronger by weakening The US. Did I mentioned that I learn Mandarin?

Edited by supremeyingyang

@supremeyingyang Yes! It's really curious how Trump is making China stronger. Experts at the Pentagon even complained that Trump is making China stronger. So this could be about U.S. - China cooperation and the conflicts being just for show.

Okay, the Pentagon has reversed its position I found now:

"The Pentagon has dropped its objections to a Commerce Department proposal to further restrict U.S. technology sales to Chinese telecom giant Huawei, raising the odds that the proposals will advance, people familiar with the matter said.

The Department of Defense had previously opposed Commerce’s recommendation, saying it would ultimately hurt U.S. semiconductor companies, which the Pentagon relies on to help produce cutting-edge military tech.

But after pressure from Commerce officials and members of Congress, the Pentagon has reversed course, said people familiar with the government discussions, who requested anonymity to discuss confidential matters." - The Washington Post, Feb 15, 2020 

At face value this is puzzling because the Pentagon was correct! U.S. semiconductor companies will have problem competing with China, especially the fabless chipmakers. And Trump blocking Huawei from buying microchips from Taiwanese microchip giant TSMC is something that will weaken TSMC and boost China's microchip industry such as SMIC and others. And it's safe to assume that China has far more advanced technology than they have launched in public so far. TSMC being dependent on U.S. equipment is likely just a smokescreen and their whole operation run by China. One Chinese politician I think it was called Taiwan a province, haha. So they are even open about already owning Taiwan.

Actually it's no problem to create your own such app. Moreover it's an excellent boost to make better project. So, all it needs is to learn in details how to make an app like tiktok, add needed and popular features from other similar apps and develop a great service