Into The Void

Newbie Says Hi!

12 posts in this topic

Hi all. 

I thought I would introduce myself. I am "Into The Void". It was the first name that came to me. There is no profound meaning to it.

I have watched Leo's videos with great interest. He is an eloquent speaker. His ebullience, energy and enthusiasm are contagious. 

I first learned about Non-Duality from a lady friend about 12 years ago. We attended many satsangs with non-duality teachers like Jac O'Keefe, Paul Hedderman etc. I have watched dozens of You Tube videos featuring Mooji, Tony Parsons and so on. It all sounded great to me and I parroted the phrases like "you are not the body" for years. It all meant nothing. I was a parrot. Nothing more. One day it just fell into place and I could not understand any other way of "thinking".

I have read the life accounts of some of these non-duality teachers and the pattern is always the same. A period of seeking; meditation, trips to India, fasting. This period would always create a "buzz" that was short-lived. A feeling of discontent would arise as the separate contracted energy would still be seeking wholeness. These teachers unanimously stated that their actual experiencing of non-duality happened not when they were trying to make it occur; it happened when they least expected it. They were going about their business when suddenly there was no person doing it.

Non-duality is about that which cannot be known; that which is beyond description. No one can "know" non-duality. Every person has a mental image of what non-duality is. Nothing more. This "knowledge" offers no rewards except the satisfaction of knowing the truth and lightening your load in life since you can reject all that personal baggage. And of course there is the comforting knowledge that you are God and that God never leaves you until the form you have expires and God moves on to a new form. Loneliness is obsolete!

Regarding enlightenment; I have read "trip reports" from people who have reported "ego deaths". A partial ego death perhaps but not a complete one as there still is an "I" reporting the ego death. I must confess that I have never experienced a full ego death. Meditation and OCCASIONAL  use of Magic Mushrooms has provided a partial but that is it. Leo's studies with 5MeO were fascinating to say the least. It sounds as if the ego is totally annihilated by 5MeO. The ego disappears and God appears everywhere! At my age, 5MeO is not an option. What seekers take years to acquire, you do in seconds on this incredible tool. The mind is the great deceiver is it not? It convinces you are "on the path to enlightenment" or "you are getting nearer to God" or "Voila! I have achieved enlightenment!". It is only a mental picture of what the mind conceives as enlightenment, which of course is not enlightenment. U.G. Krishnamurti (the reluctant guru) talks about this in "The Mystique of Enlightenment".

Faith is the all-powerful key. Yes YOU are God. If you believe in free will, reincarnation, angels, a heavenly paradise; they will materialize for you. IT IS NOT WHAT YOU HAVE FAITH IN. IT IS THE FAITH ITSELF THAT IS THE POWER. If I firmly believe that a grapefruit can cure my ills. It will!  My soul does not have a name on it. It has no location. If you believe that you are the body/mind, you will keep bouncing back on this karmic wheel. When their is a "knowing" that you are not the body/mind, you are off the karmic wheel. Mankind believes in the concept "justice". They attempt to make the Universe fit into their concept of justice so they create the idea of karma. You do bad things and you get bad karma. You keep coming back until you "get it right". I cannot believe that a concept can rule my life and after-life (assuming there is one).

I know nothing for sure. All I know is that non-duality feels right to me. 

Into The Void

IT IS THE FAITH ITSELF THAT IS THE POWER

So true, welcome to the forum ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

I'm new in this interesting forum like you. Only a question. Why 5 meo isn't an option? Looks like you are a serious seeker of the truth. 5 is a powerful tool. A gift . I'm frustrated to explain to people, like my sister, seriously interested in meditation and enlightenment, trips to India, etc, what miracle is that substance. They answer me that shortcuts are a fake, that only the hard way is fair. I'm thinking if they went to India walking, or maybe they took a plane. Next time I must to ask that

@cobalto  I am 61 years old. I am in above average shape for my age. I eat my dark greens, exercise regularly. Nevertheless, I am not sure if this old form could endure having it's ego ripped away. I can imagine what it would be like. I would love to do it anyways just to experience God's presence without that pesky ego filtering everything out. Having a shaman guide might help (:

@Nahm  Thanks!

I want to leave you with a quote from Tony Parsons that says IT in a nutshell: What is the purpose of the Universe? It has no purpose. It is boundless energy and nothing more. No cause. Nothing needs to happen because it already is. All there is is wholeness. Within the wholeness is contracted energy (you) which feels it has "lost" that wholeness and is seeking that wholeness but can never find it because it is already wholeness (:

@allislove   Thanks!

In my humble opinion, I believe that all religions are just that "placebo religions". Your faith in that religion can do wondrous things. Just remember that YOU are the power source. Gods like Apollo, Zeus etc., have been relegated to the "Used God Wrecking Yard" because there is no one who has faith in them anymore.

@Into The Void exactly! 

Everything is a placebo. Just for the sake of playing, to remember who you are.

xD

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x