eggopm3

What's your breakthrough dose?

5 posts in this topic

I recently tripsat a close friend of mine for his first psychedelic experience. He'd done his research and initially was going to go for somewhere between 2 and 3 grams of mushrooms so he could get the full experience without it being too crazy. At first that seemed OK to me because I was going to be there to watch him so he'd feel safe, and for me it takes at least 3.5-4 grams for a breakthrough to become possible. Anything below that is firmly in recreational territory for me (and even then, I've had 4gram trips where my ego stayed completely intact the entire time). But upon reflection I advised him to start with a lower dose to get a taste for how the experience suits him and then he could do a higher dose next time. So he decided to do 1 and a half grams instead. And thank god for that because to my surprise about an hour into his trip I realized that he was having a full-on breakthrough experience. He told me afterwards that he had lost all sense of time, was getting extreme visual and auditory distortions, was well beyond ego death, and experienced epiphany after epiphany after epiphany. Just off 1.5 grams! That same dose would give me enhanced perceptions, mild visual effects, and a clear and present state of mind, but not much more than that. And while judging by what he told me afterwards his trip went extremely well (I guided him as best as I could, he felt safe around me and fully trusted in my instructions to let go and surrender to the experience) I realized that it could have also gone very wrong especially had he started at the higher dose he originally intended to take or if he had taken that same dose on his own without a sitter. I would have told him to start with half a gram at the most had I known how sensitive he was, but it took me completely by surprise.

So I thought it would be interesting to poll the forum on what dose it takes for you to breakthrough. I was under the impression that my sensitivity was more or less in the average range judging by other trip reports online, but maybe I'm way off on that. Clearly there's a lot more diversity in people's sensitivity to psychedelics than I had been led to believe. So I'm wondering if people will have similar numbers or if the spread will be wider.

So like I said for myself with mushrooms it takes around 3.5-4 grams for a breakthrough to begin to become possible for me. Whereas with LSD analogues (1p and ALD-52) 300ug seems to be the range at which a breakthrough begins to become guaranteed. Though I still can gain many insights from 200ug. My experiences are limited to psilocybin and LSD analogues, but obviously list whatever substances you want. 

Used to be 300-450ug LSD, now it’s 110ug. For me, LSD-25 is 10x easier to break through on than 1P-LSD or AL-LAD, even though they all feel basically qualitatively identical on the come up.

I'm like your friend and also pretty sensitive to psychedelics. 1.5-2g shrooms is plenty for me, 200ug acid will cause a breakthrough

I believe the more trauma you have in your inner unconscious mind, the higher the dose you need "to break through".

in other words, the more clean your soul is the more sensitive you are and thus you don't need a high dosage to break-through

Just a belief tho, anyone agree or disagree?

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.