Elshaddai

Need help understanding my feelings of resentment towards society

7 posts in this topic

As the title suggests, I often feel very angry and resentful towards society  and how I was raised and educated(or should I say, indoctrinated) and how truly dysfuctional the majority of people really are.

This is my experience anyway, but idunno, maybe some societies are truly better and more conducive to personal growth and happiness than others.

Why aren't we all taught personal development and how to live well in school or even kindergarten, about the many real benefits of psychedelics and how to generally be more virtuous and loving human beings?  My experience living in a mostly blue\orange stage society, is that it's the source of much delusion and suffering in the world.

Now I do admit my view is skewed by personal biases of mine since I was bullied, emotionally abused, manipulated, lied to and very dissapointed even by the people closest to me just for being different and awkward.

Am I just venting here or is there some merit to my arguments?

42 minutes ago, Elshaddai said:

Why aren't we all taught personal development and how to live well in school or even kindergarten, about the many real benefits of psychedelics and how to generally be more virtuous and loving human beings?

Because that's simply not the point of school (or at least not the point of yours).

1 hour ago, Elshaddai said:

This is my experience anyway, but idunno, maybe some societies are truly better and more conducive to personal growth and happiness than others.

Currently, our modern society is not at all conducive to human health. There are very deep reasons for this. Throughout history, there has never been a point in time where human beings consciously chose the kind of society they want to live in. Society has unconsciously evolved because of the cruel, ruthless, vicious actions of those in power.

1 hour ago, Elshaddai said:

Why aren't we all taught personal development and how to live well in school or even kindergarten, about the many real benefits of psychedelics and how to generally be more virtuous and loving human beings?  My experience living in a mostly blue\orange stage society, is that it's the source of much delusion and suffering in the world.

We aren't taught these things because our society cares about collective survival first and foremost. It will indoctrinate kids such that they fit into the existing framework. The whole point is to preserve the status-quo and maintain homeostasis.

We could have a society that gives its citizens a high-quality life. This isn't possible in a society that has been created by someone else for you - You will have to create your own society for this. This has never happened in history before. For the first time ever, conscious people must band together and consciously create a society that is genuinely conducive to human growth and high-quality living that prioritizes expansion. This is where evolution is headed.

Every individual must take part in this process of consciously creating society. For this to happen, people must break out of their narcissistic bubble and actually take ownership of society in general. This current society enables the survival of unconscious, narcissistic devils as a survival mechanism. Evolution will ultimately wipe out the narcissists and only socially empowered, socially responsible people will survive this collapse that's currently happening.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

7 hours ago, Elshaddai said:

As the title suggests, I often feel very angry and resentful towards society  and how I was raised and educated(or should I say, indoctrinated) and how truly dysfuctional the majority of people really are.

You are resentful because you have unhealed wounds and you feel hurt.

Those wounds requiring confronting, accepting, healing, and forgiving.

Why aren't we all taught personal development and how to live well in school or even kindergarten, about the many real benefits of psychedelics and how to generally be more virtuous and loving human beings?

Go try to do it and see what happens.

You weren't taught for the same reasons you aren't teaching the next generation.

Don't expect others to do that which you are unwilling to take responsibility for doing yourself. If you don't do it, who will?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, Elshaddai said:

I tell people daily to try meditation. Nobody cares.

Talk does not work. People are trained to be outcome orientated. Show them fruit they can eat.

20 hours ago, commie said:

Because that's simply not the point of school (or at least not the point of yours).

I'm pretty sure it's not in the intrest of most schools around the world to really help the lives of their students.

19 hours ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Currently, our modern society is not at all conducive to human health. There are very deep reasons for this. Throughout history, there has never been a point in time where human beings consciously chose the kind of society they want to live in. Society has unconsciously evolved because of the cruel, ruthless, vicious actions of those in power.

We aren't taught these things because our society cares about collective survival first and foremost. It will indoctrinate kids such that they fit into the existing framework. The whole point is to preserve the status-quo and maintain homeostasis.

I agree with what you are saying. The survival of society in more important then growth and fufilment for those who are in power.

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You are resentful because you have unhealed wounds and you feel hurt.

Those wounds requiring confronting, accepting, healing, and forgiving.

Yes forgivness is the answer but honestly it's a struggle to forgive at times, but I understand it's ultimately worth it.

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

"Why aren't we all taught personal development and how to live well in school or even kindergarten, about the many real benefits of psychedelics and how to generally be more virtuous and loving human beings?"

Go try to do it and see what happens.

Well what would happen? wouldn't that only help improve people's lives? or counterintuitvely,  worsen them?

13 hours ago, Ya know said:

I tell people daily to try meditation. Nobody cares.

Talk does not work. People are trained to be outcome orientated. Show them fruit they can eat.

What if I told you that I am like that, why do you think I stuck around for all of this personal development since 2014 thanks to leo's vids? But you are correct experience really is the best teacher.

On 26.7.2020 at 9:32 PM, Elshaddai said:

The survival strategies of a society arise as a response to its unique survival situation. Personal development isn't a concept worth having when you're struggling to keep the wolves out of the farm. It's not your fault for growing up in any particular society, and it's not society's fault for not being evolved enough to suit your survival needs.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.