Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patrick_9931

What is Complacency?

5 posts in this topic

“Self-satisfaction. There is but little remedy for this affliction, and no hope for those who suffer from it” 

- Napoleon Hill , Think and grow rich 

So I was reading this quote from the book and a fear crippled in me. A fear of being complacent. The problem is that I don’t exactly know what does it mean to be complacent and what exactly is the author meaning.

Could someone of you help me to understand what is complacency and what effects it can have in ones live? 

thank you for your responses ? 

have a great day 

@Patrick_9931 I really like Napoleon Hill. I read his books. I appreciate his writings. Amazing individual. BUT To be honest:

He is not most developed guy, in my eyes. He is pure orange. For his time, that’s amazing. But he does not understand, power of the mind, consciousness, properly. I started with him, his books were first books I read. Eventually as I improved myself, I know see things differently. 
If you want to read books about success: Read Reality Transurfing, Neville Goddard. 
As far as complacency goes, you should not get identified with body and mind. If you do that, you are going to get stuck. In order tomorrow, you must shift your identity, you cannot do that unless you are detached. Complacency stems from identification with body, and mind. Here is great video:

By the way, in my opinion, best Napoleon Hill’s book is: Outwitting the Devil. Not think and grow rich.

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

@Patrick_9931 complacency means that you've settled in your comfort zone and are content with the status quo.

13 hours ago, JohnWell said:

If you are wondering about it, it is a good first step.

I would it is to satisfy yourself with low consciousness pleasures and not seeking to grow yourself.

It could lead you to fall into a rut and becoming depressed as everything around you start to lose meaning.

I would say aspiring for growth and taking actions will help you avoid it.

Shit. I hate what you are saying here..

It's fucking bulls eye I realize that it's exactly what has been going on for me.:/

15 hours ago, Patrick_9931 said:

“Self-satisfaction. There is but little remedy for this affliction, and no hope for those who suffer from it” 

- Napoleon Hill , Think and grow rich 

What was the context? Is he talking about arrogance or complacency? From just the sentence I think he's talking about arrogance. 

Abraham Hicks is absolutely amazing if you like Napoleon Hill. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost