An young being

Why does our universe have fixed set of laws in a particular way?

69 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Member said:

Lol life isn't simply just "because", the cause is being. Without a cause, nothing exists.

When that last word comes up, it's a good sign someone's confused. But who said anything about causes?

51 minutes ago, Member said:

So you can fight against the reason of life if you want as it makes no difference. Life goes on nevertheless.

So in other words, it doesn't.

58 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Truth vs backstory/life. You sound so nuts and delusional with this thing. 

No wonder people crucified Jesus. 

What do you mean by that?

14 minutes ago, commie said:

When that last word comes up, it's a good sign someone's confused. But who said anything about causes?

So in other words, it doesn't.

So you're saying that life simply is, without any reason or cause? Have you ever heard of Principle of sufficient reason?

22 minutes ago, Member said:

So you're saying that life simply is, without any reason or cause? Have you ever heard of Principle of sufficient reason?

I said what I said which is that it doesn't need a reason. I didn't say it had no reason and I didn't say anything about causes.

If you want to do philosophy, the first step is to master words.

Life is obviously unconcerned with the PSR, you are because you are trying to reason. Einstein evidently reasoned the same way but since he was doing real work, he risked being proved wrong... and on this matter, he was. That is obviously no refutation of the PSR but an object lesson as to the dangers involved in using it. Most thinkers have long moved on from such arrogance.

6 hours ago, Member said:

Life always needs a reason to be, no matter if it's only about survival.

Reason is insufficient in regard to what it’s ‘made of’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

In the context of the PSR, "reason" is inclusive of unknowables. I did notice the quotation marks but they can't replace what you didn't say instead, or silence for that matter...

3 hours ago, commie said:

I said what I said which is that it doesn't need a reason. I didn't say it had no reason and I didn't say anything about causes.

Life is obviously unconcerned with the PSR, you are because you are trying to reason.

Only if we're assuming that the Universe or life exists independently of our reason.

36 minutes ago, Member said:

Only if we're assuming that the Universe or life exists independently of our reason.

Please leave my reason outside of this. You're going to confuse yourself to no end if you keep thinking about existence but, putting that aside, I'm indeed assuming that I'm alive. And I can tell you I have no need of your reason. Stop thinking for all I care!

22 minutes ago, commie said:

Please leave my reason outside of this. You're going to confuse yourself to no end if you keep thinking about existence but, putting that aside, I'm indeed assuming that I'm alive. And I can tell you I have no need of your reason. Stop thinking for all I care!

Someone got pissed off for no reason dirol.gif

apparant structure/order is useful if you want to set up a mirror to see yourself, which is what God's like doing (this life. this dream).. Hide'n'seek ya know.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.