Thought Art

David R Hawkins

55 posts in this topic

I have been thoroughly enjoy David R Hawkins Books Truth Vs Falslehood and Transcending the Levels Of Consciousness. But, the whole muscle stress test element (which is key to the calibration) seems as if it is rife with the potential of self deception and bias. How can we trust that the people being stressed tested aren’t biased? Did he stress test large groups or just him and his friends?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

21 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

seems as if it is rife with the potential of self deception and bias. How can we trust that the people being stressed tested aren’t biased?

It certainly is.

You can't trust it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Thanks... Why have it on the book list?

and, is it worth my time reading? I want the truth, not some bold guy who things his arm tells him the truth. Yet, the scale resonates with me and it seems to have congruence with the world value survey, maslows hierarchy of needs, spiral dynamics... 

◭"89"

@Thought Art Hawkins has some top-notch wisdom in his books.

Not everything in the books I recommend can be accepted. Maybe 80-90%

@Leo Gura Yeah, so far that seems obvious to me. But Leo, the entire basis of the calibration IS the muscle response test.  He clearly is very educated and enlightened. Transcending the levels of consciousness really resonates with me.  But, he also claims our our muscle act as a truth thermometer ?. 

(Ive been diving deep into 5meodmt. I’m reading the book list as well as my own books. So many awakenings.) I am  here to know. To see and to be the eyes of the planet. Not ego and belief. 

So strangely , clearly I cant throw out the muscle test all together. Though Something isn’t adding up. If someone is so smart and developed how can they themselves put so much ‘faith’ into a practice which even laymen would laugh at? Or perhaps this is because I calibrate under 200... But also, he now becomes someone in which I may read but not openly recommend. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Leo Gura

I want the books I read to catapult me forward with my growth. Very interested in mass awakenings and mass movements 

◭"89"

6 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

If someone is so smart and developed how can they themselves put so much ‘faith’ into a practice

Even smart people tend to be epistemically sloppy.

@Leo Gura 
 I’ll burn in this fire of, being pumped by this author and then very annoyed at the two of you Haha

i want something that maybe is implicit to my direct experience. 

I want to know if this is wasting my time, and if I am reading this person am I endangering my own epistemology... 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Like I said, he has good wisdom. Just ignore the muscle test as a tool.

Many of his insights are valid regardless of the test. You don't need that stupid test.

Use your intuition to sort the wheat from the chaff.

@Leo Gura Okay. 

I personally won’t use the test....

but his epistemology and teachings seem heavily rooted in its use. I’m not sure where the sloppiness lies. 

You are Jared.

◭"89"

Look man, the point is you gotta go through the labor of figuring out what's true. Not sticking your finger up your ass and feeling hard it squeezes.

@Thought Art

Yes, also was skeptical about the muscle test.
I really enjoyed reading his "Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender" book though.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Leo Gura

Makes Sense. So many layers to this puzzle. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@allislove it’s more an issue of authority and overall truth seeking. I know how easily self deceived we are. Leo seems to have moved mountains in my life. But, idk maybe I’m assbackwards wrong somehow. Probably am, mostly still. Maybe. 

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

@allislove it’s more an issue of authority and overall truth seeking. I know how easily self deceived we are. Leo seems to have moved mountains in my life. But, idk maybe I’m assbackwards wrong somehow. Probably am, mostly still. Maybe. 

Youre expecting too much security, you gotta try stuff out, if it works it works, dont expect some Jesus figure to tell you what is 100% tried and true. ;) 

If you knew it was 100% true, how would you know that is true? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Leo Gura Except, Hawkins models seems rooted in a strong truth. So maybe in some contexts my assholes tightness has truth to it. 

As God, I think it’s time we come home...

◭"89"

@Rilles you’re making me wet! 
Ahahah

it would be rooted in some mixture of absolute love and practicality perhaps 

hmm, reminder 

back to ‘not knowing’

◭"89"

8 hours ago, Thought Art said:

So strangely , clearly I cant throw out the muscle test all together. Though Something isn’t adding up. If someone is so smart and developed how can they themselves put so much ‘faith’ into a practice which even laymen would laugh at? Or perhaps this is because I calibrate under 200... But also, he now becomes someone in which I may read but not openly recommend. 

The muscle test works 'sometimes'. You can test it with different people and validate it for yourself. 

Even if you don't believe in the muscle test, you should read his books. David Hawkins has an uncanny way with words in describing non-dual experience and outlining the evolution of consciousness.

Reading his books will help you with your own evolution.   

8 hours ago, Thought Art said:

my assholes tightness has truth to it.

Does it?

How do you know your asshole isn't fooling you?

@Leo Gura 

Honestly I don’t know anything. 

currently feeling dissatisfied with myself, my life purpose and spirituality. I don’t know where to go, who to trust, what to do with my life. I thought the book truth vs falsehood actually was based on something tangible. Now I don’t know anything. God isn’t helping is he.... and I’m just projecting meaning onto events etc.... I’m not special. Honestly, why bother keep on living if I can’t make it as a musician? Being a sage? How is that tangible in this reality...I’m reading all these books, but I still don’t know how I’m going to make a living. I don’t know anything. You say it’s a love simulator, perhaps it is. But, I am not sure I am interested in playing it anymore. God seems to have given me a dream in which I cannot fulfill. I feel like an idiot. 

◭"89"