Riya

Spirituality in practical life

7 posts in this topic

How to use spirituality in practical life? When one is feeling depressed? When the mind seems to be consumed with emotions?? Or when something really bad happens like loosing job?

Spirituality is about raising your spirit.

The spirit doesn't understand depression, emotions, jobs. Those things are under the control of your ego.

You suffer because you misidentify your spirit for your ego. 

Spirituality can only help you to the extent that you can correctly identify yourself rather than misidentify yourself. 

If everything that I just mentioned went over your head, remember, you can always get another job. You can always let go of your emotions. You are in control of your life. Nobody can ever know you the way you know yourself. 

This helps.Thank you

On 7/3/2020 at 10:16 AM, JosephKnecht said:

Spirituality can only help you to the extent that you can correctly identify yourself rather than misidentify yourself. 

Well put.

@Riya And would also add that with this proper identification - non-dual awareness - i would say - there isn't anything to fear as a self because the self is not your true nature.   It can be tough though, when you have to go to work everyday and deal with the mundane.  So it is good to have a regular meditation practice or something of the like.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Detaching yourself from worldly problems won't help you. This is called spiritual bypassing.

For example:

"Oh... I am not really this person, so all of this shit I'm going through doesn't matter because my spirit transcends all of that." 

one day this will all be memories

On 7/3/2020 at 8:25 AM, Riya said:

How to use spirituality in practical life?

To see what is true. 

When one is feeling depressed?

To recognize the falsity of the mind dualistically labeling the infinity of feeling, and thus liberate of the suffering of ignorance, misinterpretation, misidentification & misunderstanding. 

When the mind seems to be consumed with emotions??

To know the true nature of the mind & self, and to consciously create rather than reactively create emotion. 

Or when something really bad happens like loosing job?

To transcend the paradigm locks of perspective & self limitation & self doubt, to self realize, and effortlessly create the life you actually want on all accounts. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

45 minutes ago, Nahm said:

To transcend the paradigm locks of perspective & self limitation & self doubt, to self realize, and effortlessly create the life you actually want on all accounts. 

? To that. 

OrderlyBackAlligatorsnappingturtle-size_restricted.gif

Edited by zeroISinfinity