beastcookie

Why not using LSD/DMT for enlightenment?

25 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

I'm happy you found benefit from these things :)

I think some people are greateful for coffee also. They say they can't live without it. Still I think it's fool's gold in the end.  Is it a reliable solution to your problems? That's the real question. And the answer seems to be no in most cases. 

I can't imagine a guru saying to reach true happyness just consume antidepressants or smoke weed everyday until it becomes permenant. Afterall it works way faster than meditation. Why waste time with years of meditation when it takes only 1hit of weed.

Even enlightened beings drink coffee. I don't know why but I always find your comments a bit passive aggressive. No one talks about replacing meditation with weed... that is completely besides the point! 

24 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Peace and happiness are components within a greater expansion.

I would argue they are the same as lack of self, love, god, etc. What makes them different for you?

For there to be peace and happiness there must, at the very least, be non-peace and unhappiness. 

That's true if you treat it as a concept. But I don't think what's cared for here is to keep an attachment to the concept of happiness but to actually detach from all concepts at all time. Imagine you have the problem that you need unhappiness in order to feel happiness. Then this problem makes you unhappy.

And there is much more. In a relative sense, searching for everlasting peace and happiness Is a fools errand and is highly restrictive. In an absolute sense, once Peace and Happiness is realized it no longer matters since there is Nothing to contrast it.

I do agree that the quest for everlasting peace and happiness is different from the thing itself and it is in some ways "foolish" because there's no route to getting there, you just need to realize you already are.

Where I disagree though is about "having realized it once". I don't see any value to having it realized in the past, I only see value in realizing it now. To me, realizing it once every 2 weeks or so is not acceptable. I want to realize it now. And if I do so, all the time, then this would be the same as everlasting peace and happiness. In practice though, I can't really do that. So I'll settle to realizing it as often as I can. Psychedelics were a good start for me (and incredibly fun!), I would in no way want to stop them but, they just don't cut it for everlasting peace and happiness.

It's very funny to say "everlasting peace and happiness is not enough for me!" because then you are not happy and thus you aren't even experiencing what you criticize. If you were to actually experience everlasting peace and happiness then there would be no bigger fish to fry as any bigger fish to fry would be, in some ways, something to worry about.

Perhaps I'm just being picking on the words here. I'm taking "everlasting peace and happiness" to be complete. I'm not talking about being some casual person with a generally happy and peaceful life. I'm taking about true everlasting peace and happiness.

Edited by 4201

@4201 You are intellectualizing what I’m trying to convey. That’s fine, yet I can’t convey through that intellectual processor.

9 hours ago, beastcookie said:

Why is this "wrong"? I've seen many gurus that are against it

Because they are IDIOTS.

4 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

Because they are IDIOTS.

Haha! It's easy to get doubtful of the "gurus" ;)