JayG84

Better to live in the dream, or destroy the dream?

7 posts in this topic

Is it better to catch a glimpse of the Infinite and apply that to your imaginary life? ie. Knowing you're in the Matrix, but accepting it and playing it like a game.

Or should we be going all the way and die before dying, so to speak? Which leaves you with no option but to completely reject the illusion of "reality", and realize yourself as God. Desolving everything you are, along with purpose, relationships, all meaning whatsoever. 

Can we do both? Is Enlightenment possible while going on with life as usual?

Is Leo doing both? I tend to think he's doing to former, but I could be wrong.

There is always this "line" that we can cross. Imaginary line, yes, built with fear. But isn't a little bit of fear ok to keep you "sane" and tethered to reality?

Most people think of it as All or Nothing. Awake or Deluded. Is there not some middle ground that we can we content with? Understand that it is all meaningless. But choose wisely the meaning you want to assign to your life.

Edited by JayG84

Let's flip the script. 

All these cool matrix ideas that you have are imaginary and what you called Your "imaginary life" is absolute reality.  It's as real as it gets.  Check in your direct experience and see if that's true.   

There's no where to go anyways. Your question implies that there is some sort of an ultimate destination to reality..when in fact all that exists is a path without end. 

There's a reason the matrix exists in the first place. It must be boring as fuck to stay in nirvanic oneness for eternity. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

This is Home. Before enlightenment, chop wood and carry water, after enlightenment chop wood and carry water.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

All these cool matrix ideas that you have are imaginary and what you called Your "imaginary life" is absolute reality.

That's what I implied

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Check in your direct experience and see if that's true.

In my direct experience there is the imaginary self (all that we are and live in) and the absence of that (Infinity - Love - Conciousness)

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

There's no where to go anyways. Your question implies that there is some sort of an ultimate destination to reality..when in fact all that exists is a path without end. 

There is no where to go "physically". But there is a merging with God, and a state of being that is different from what we live day to day. The end of the path is the desolution of everything you are.

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

There's a reason the matrix exists in the first place. It must be boring as fuck to stay in nirvanic oneness for eternity.

That's what I'm asking. If the complete desolution (death before dying) is worth it. Leo says that it's like an orgasm times 10 or whatever. Is that worth destroying my life over?

Knowing you're in the Matrix, but accepting it and playing it like a game.

No, you are not in Matrix, you're literally Matrix. 
In symbolic way: you = Matrix.
Realize this by doing spiritual practices and all other questions about death will fall apart.
Godspeed.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

1 minute ago, JayG84 said:

That's what I implied

I think you implied the opposite of that. I could be wrong tho. 

In my direct experience there is the imaginary self (all that we are and live in) and the absence of that (Infinity - Love - Conciousness)

In your direct experience there is direct experience!. This thing whatever it is. Refrain from labeling it and subtracting it for a moment. That thing whatever it is.. Is absolutely true isn't it?. Here it is! 

There is no where to go "physically". But there is a merging with God, and a state of being that is different from what we live day to day. The end of the path is the desolution of everything you are.

I didn't mean physically. Mentally also if you like . Basically everything.  Just these impermanent forms appearing and disappearing forever. God in it's purest is not anything. You are Basically choosing between nothingness and existence.. I would choose the second!. 

That's what I'm asking. If the complete desolution (death before dying) is worth it. Leo says that it's like an orgasm times 10 or whatever. Is that worth destroying my life over?

Why do you want to destroy your life anyways?  ?. I mean however you look at it there's a "reason " why you are here in the first place. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Life will be very different, but you don't have to 'destroy' your life the way you are talking about it. 

It's like being reborn again. 

You live from this understanding, and integrate it into all areas of life, and live from a place of love and happiness. 

Then, instead of seeking happiness in the activities, work, relationships, objects etc, it all simply becomes an expression of happiness, and life simply becomes a never ending celebration. You have the absolute freedom to do whatever the fuck you want to do, whether that's living in an Ashram, or starting a family- everyone is unique in how they want to live their life, find out what you want to do :)

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi