Mada_

Resources on fasting

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone have some good books, videos, articles regarding fasting? 

Topics such as: 

- intermittent fasting 

- fill day fasting 

- dry fasting

Peace and thanks

It's not that hard, just stop eating.

Watch out for your mind finding excuses... telling you that you need to read whole books or watch hours of videos on fasting before you can do it for yourself. If you want to try fasting, just do it.

If you aren't healthy, consult a doctor first. Otherwise just start slow. And use common sense... if you start to get light-headed, eat something and don't drive or do anything potentially hazardous until you feel better.

Just look up "intermittent fasting" on Youtube and watch a few videos that come up and appeal to you. That will give you more than enough to get started.

If you are interested in the science behind fasting, "autophagy" and "ghrelin" are some good keywords to start with.

TLDR:

I started by just skipping breakfast and not eating until noon each day. Then you can decide how strict you want to get. If you wanna have an 8 hour window each day that you eat, and 16 hours a day you don't eat. Or if you want to try one meal a day, or more.

I wouldn't try dry fasting or full day fasting until you can do intermittant fasting or one meal a day.

Fasting means nothing but water goes into your body. No coffee or tea, no gum, no vitamins or supplements. Nothing your stomach and liver will need to break down.

Typical approach for buddhist monks is to only eat from sunrise until noon, or once a day around noon.

(I am not a doctor and this post isn't medical advice, just my opinion and experience)

Edited by Yarco

The zero app is a great resource and how I track my daily intermittent and occasional prolonged fasting 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

On 31/05/2020 at 8:33 AM, Mada_ said:

Does anyone have some good books, videos, articles regarding fasting? 

Topics such as: 

- intermittent fasting 

- fill day fasting 

- dry fasting

Peace and thanks

16:8 check amazon. Scribd or PDF drive for author name. I sweae by fasting. My sleep is better. My dreams are vivid and lucid. I have my six pack back. I look more aesthetic.