Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ivankiss

How to get depressed (how to heal)

29 posts in this topic

I do not mean to ridicule anyone here or come off as an inconsiderate jerk... But this video could actually be seen as a demonstration of a method for "defeating" depression. It could ease one's burden and encourage them to slowly but surely "take things into their own hands". Their peace of mind and happiness included.

If nothing else, this guy could at least put a smile on your face. And that alone can mean alot.

The dude's hilarious and wokeAF, obviously xD

My personal and maybe not that humorous advice to anyone out there who's struggling with depression...is take your time. Baby steps. One moment at a time. Nothing is more important than your wellbeing. Everything else can wait. Be with yourself. Accept help if you feel like help is needed. Put yourself first, it's totally ok to do that. Be there for yourself. Try being there with everything you're feeling, thinking or going through in any way. And if you do find yourself running away from it all over and over again...keep coming back to it. Be with yourself and your experience as often as you're able to. To the best of your abilities. Don't torture yourself tho. Especially not with judgement and shame. You are divine and awesome. Sexy, too.

...And it's totally fine to sleep 16+ hours in a day or even to barely sleep at all. It's just a phase. Let it be. You are going through a massive transformation and will surely be grateful AF for surviving something that intense. Your bravery will be rewarded with great wisdom, depth, perspective, clarity, ease, joy, bliss, love, peace, compassion and much, much more.

That's why It's all totally fine. Very challenging, but fine. You are fine, too. Keep breathing. Keep going.

You got this. :)

Edited by ivankiss

If you really sit with it...Depression is actually solitude.

And that's only a few steps away from liberation :)

@Maximus Everyone is just trying to help, to the best of their abilities. I understand it can be frustrating - been there. But it is precisely because I've been through it that I now feel like reaching out to those who are struggling. I can relate. I can't do the "work" for anybody, but I can at least share what worked for me. It would be selfish of me not to. 

@Maximus No one has "the same problem". But we all feel the same pain.

No one will ever understand you truly. No one will ever know what you've been through. Only you. 

But I see your point, too. If it's not coming from the "right place" it can be damaging, indeed. 

I am not qualified, really. But I am experienced.

7 minutes ago, Maximus said:

I feel that my pain must have been greater 

Everyone feels this way when they're in pain.

You are not literally insane. You are just going through insanity. 

Only Love can truly heal you. As cheesy as it may sound to you now. Therapy can be helpful, too. But ultimately; Love is what brings you back to life. 

17 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Yes, but if I am in serious pain for over 15 years it is different to some guy who is in pain for a day or a week or a month and then makes a narcissistic viral YouTube video. 

Completely different, I agree. But I'd invite you to leave some space for the possibility, that that  might not always, or at all be the case. 

17 minutes ago, Maximus said:

I am literally insane and so is psychopathic lying society. Where is love? I have been through all forms of therapy for over four years and it made me worse. I don't see any real love. It is a fantasy.

Then we're on the same page. I too think traditional therapy more often than not sucks and is ineffective. 

I know you know Love. Maybe you just need to remember. It may be buried deep under, but it's there for sure. In you. 

Love can be nowhere else, ever. 

Are you willing to give Love a chance? How fed up are you with all the bullshit? How badly do you want to feel good and be happy and at peace and stable and confident and cohesive and sharp and clear-minded and passionate and excited and alive and engaged and wise and loving and loved and heard and expressed and whole and...at Home?

Is Love worth a try?

Edited by ivankiss

It's not "real" Love if you need to be "loved back".

Love is enough.

Love is not anywhere. In no teacher, in no teaching. But as all.

You can't find Love...because that would mean you've found yourself. And a part of you resist that possibility. Fears it, even.

On 31/05/2020 at 0:11 AM, ivankiss said:

Nothing is more important than your wellbeing.

Yes

Accept help if you feel like help is needed.

Yes, and I'd add professional help.

...And it's totally fine to sleep 16+ hours in a day or even to barely sleep at all. It's just a phase. Let it be. You are going through a massive transformation and will surely be grateful AF for surviving something that intense. Your bravery will be rewarded with great wisdom, depth, perspective, clarity, ease, joy, bliss, love, peace, compassion and much, much more.

First of all, I don't think that 16 hours is "totally fine". This is a clear sign that the person needs help ASAP.

And I'd be very careful for not romanticizing mental illness. Not all suffering brings wisdom per se.

15 hours ago, ivankiss said:

If you really sit with it...Depression is actually solitude.

Definitely no.

8 hours ago, Maximus said:

They are quite patronising to people who genuinely can't sleep or travel etc.

I got the same impression as you did. Not only is this video not funny, but it's filled to the brim with spiritual arrogance...

7 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Everyone is just trying to help, to the best of their abilities.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions...

41 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

It's not "real" Love if you need to be "loved back".

Love is enough.

Love is not anywhere. In no teacher, in no teaching. But as all.

You can't find Love...because that would mean you've found yourself. And a part of you resist that possibility. Fears it, even.

Zzzzz... spiritual mumble-jumbo...

Dude, have you ever had clinical depression in your life?

@Maximus Damn, man... you must be going through a lot of pain... I'm sorry... Have you had any experiences with going to psychiatrists?

one day this will all be memories

29 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Yes, unfortunately. As much as I think the woo woo stuff can be a bit flakey, the traditional approach is also insane and full of intellectual egos. I think the woo woo stuff is still better, but as you said, it fails to recognise serious clinical depression which a psychiatrist can.

Good traditional approach is what has the better odds for stabilizing mental illness.

one day this will all be memories

@kag101 No I have not been diagnosed with clinical depression. I had no money for insurance. Was too busy being homeless and hungry. What I have been...is clinically dead. Due to overdose. Point is; I know pain very well.

6 hours ago, Maximus said:

One minute you are saying I know love, the next minute you are saying I can't know love. Which one is it?

IDK, which one is it? 

Is there Love or is there not? 

The choice is yours. I'm only singing you a song.

5 hours ago, kag101 said:

Good traditional approach is what has the better odds for stabilizing mental illness.

Nothing has better odds than Love, ever. No matter how mumbo-jumbo it seems to you.

And if you don't think depression is actually solitude...Perhaps you have never truly been solitary. There is pain...that cannot be summed up into a diagnosis.

I'm not saying all therapy is bad. I'm saying Love is what ultimately heals you. Not therapy or prescribed medication.

Love glues all the broken pieces back together.

23 minutes ago, Maximus said:

If there is Love then I believe your story. I have no reason to doubt it. However, I am personally not feeling it. No matter what. And I don't like that it isn't reciprocally respected. Instead it is told to me I am wrong.

You have no reason to believe me, either. Love does not require you to believe in it. Nor does it stop being because of you disbelieving it. It's always here, blessing you with each and every breath throughout your life. You breathe because there is Love. Quite literally. And if you think what I'm saying is crazy...You're right. Love is crazy good. And crazy powerful. And crazy intelligent. Downright gorgeous. Divine.

My story is just that. A story. Anyone can make out of it anything. What's for sure though, is if I share - I share out of Love.

I'm not telling you you're wrong. I'm telling you there is Light. You can be whole.

Apologies if I made you feel like your pain was unacknowledged. Your feelings matter. Your thoughts matter. You matter.

...You matter to Love.

@Maximus ❤ 

Love is ready when you are.

Edited by ivankiss

10 hours ago, Keyhole said:

Did you have an nde?

It is not near and not an experience if you actually die.

10 hours ago, Maximus said:

i am saying it doesn't work for me. if it works for you good. don't put your shit on me.

One day you will understand; none of this is about you or me. It's about Love.

@ivankiss Is that what sparked your awakening? The actual death?

Did you regress into old patterns after that, or did you have that 1 defining moment that changed everything?

5 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Is that what sparked your awakening? The actual death?

Did you regress into old patterns after that, or did you have that 1 defining moment that changed everything?

The answer to all questions is yes and no.

Anything I say is not now. 

Love is.

@Maximus No. The teaching is to love the one who's in pain. Which is salvation, ultimately.

You think I loved going through hell? Not at all. It was worse than anything I could've ever imagined. I burned and burned...until there was nothing left to burn down. 

Only Light remains. 

@Maximus I never said I am.

Your pain is yours, only.

I'm just doing my own thing, indeed.

Loving yourself is on you, and you only.

A friendly advice; stop being concerned with "shit other people do and don't do". None of them will save you, ever.  

This is solely between you, and Love.

Edited by ivankiss