SamueLSD

Are Others Conscious?

74 posts in this topic

Although I am not directly experiencing my own Mothers mind, is it true that she ( and other beings alike ) share the same awareness as me? 

Consciousness is infinite, so, is my experience just one phenomenological instance of consciousness ( a human mind ) that simply isn't aware of all the other perspectives of other humans? Or animals? Or beings from different realities? 

If a tree were to fall in a forest without me witnessing it, it wouldn't have really happened. But if I were to go to that location, the tree, of course, would be lying on the ground, as if it had fallen. Whether I was aware of it or not. In the same way, if I were to somehow enter another persons mind, it would definitely exist.

Does it suffice to say "we are all one"?  

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

Oh boy here we go again lol 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here Thanks for your eye-opening response. 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

How do you know your mother even really exists?

4 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

There is no way to prove for certain that others are conscious. No matter what anyone says it won't matter because you have to assume that they are conscious to consider their answers as valid which is precisely the very thing that you are questioning.  If you have a solution to this let me know. ?

-Osho

@universe Because I experienced her. If I experience something, it 'exists'

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

you have to assume that they are conscious to consider their answers as valid 

Says who? Truth is truth, I need not make that assumption 

Just now, SamueLSD said:

Says who? Truth is truth, I need not make that assumption 

You don't get it.  Let's suppose you are dreaming right now and trying to find out if anything exists outside your mind.  You come to someone in your dream and ask them all these questions.. Do you realize that if you are actually dreaming nothing they will ever say can prove anything because their answers are themselves part of your own mind's creation?.   Solipsism is undebunkable. 

-Osho

@Someone here  

19 minutes ago, Someone here said:

your own mind's creation?

Consciousness created the mind.. which is my current experience. Yes?

If my ego-,mind is being imagined into existence due to the infinite creative potential of consciousness, then I am also simultaneously imagining other peoples minds, and literally an infinity of other 'things', as well as nothing. 

I think I have answered my own question, as the question itself makes no sense in the bigger picture. 

As for solipsism, transcendence of the mind will debunk it.

Edited by SamueLSD

16 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

@universe Because I experienced her. If I experience something, it 'exists'

Not enough. Did you watch a james bond movie? If yes, does james bond exist? When you think about a 3 headed elephant. Does the elephant exist? Did you dream about a city in the sky? If yes, does it exist? I assume you had at least one trip on LSD, did you got any visuals? If yes, do these things you saw on LSD exist?

How do you define what is real and what is not?

2 minutes ago, universe said:

Not enough. Did you watch a james bond movie? If yes, does james bond exist? When you think about a 3 headed elephant. Does the elephant exist? Did you dream about a city in the sky? If yes, does it exist? I assume you had at least one trip on LSD, did you got any visuals? If yes, do these things you saw on LSD exist?

Yes they all exist. Because I experienced them. 

Therefore they are 'made of' consciousness. Which is existence. 

There is a chance I am missing your point :D 

@Someone here  

Consciousness created the mind.. which is my current experience. Yes?

If my ego-,mind is being imagined into existence due to the infinite creative potential of consciousness, then I am also simultaneously imagining other peoples minds, and literally an infinite of other 'things', as well as nothing. 

I think I have answered my own question, as the question itself makes no sense in the bigger picture. 

As for solipsism, transcendence of the mind will debunk it.

"If ".  But how do you know that?.  Infinite creative potential of consciousness is just an idea you are creating and believing. Where is this in direct experience? 

-Osho

@Someone here

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

Where is this in direct experience? 

Everywhere 

" Where " is not the question to be asked.

I started with solipsism a while ago, as most people do when they begin to realise the actuality of existence.

Just now, SamueLSD said:

@Someone here

Everywhere 

" Where " is not the question to be asked.

I started with solipsism a while ago, as most people do when they begin to realise the actuality of existence.

You started the inquiry with good questions but it seems Iike you just want to verify an already existent paradigm or way of thinking. There is nothing wrong with that. You can believe what you want.  But you didn't actually answer anything IMO. 

-Osho

@SamueLSD you are exist as nothing, you are here as nothing therefore you are not here. Same for them. All is equal and one. We are all infinite nothing and identical 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@SamueLSD "Reality as we know it does not exist. And if it had any sort of existence, it would be an endless sea of static, of information in which all probabilities exist."  Could be represented or visualized as following:

Captureggg.PNG

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

1 minute ago, James123 said:

@SamueLSD you are exist as nothing, you are here as nothing therefore you are not here. Same for them. All is equal and one. We are all infinite nothing and identical 

Well said

@Someone here We will leave it at that. Arguments about solopsism are lengthy and mindfucky. 

2 minutes ago, Galyna said:

@SamueLSD "Reality as we know it does not exist. And if it had any sort of existence, it would be an endless sea of static, of information in which all probabilities exist."  Could be represented or visualized as following:

Captureggg.PNG

"Probabilities that exist in zero-dimensional space without time!"

Just now, SamueLSD said:

@Someone here We will leave it at that. Arguments about solopsism are lengthy and mindfucky. 

Yes which is why you are just repeating beliefs and afraid to take the inquiry seriously.  Understandable. 

-Osho

46 minutes ago, Someone here said:

There is no way to prove for certain that others are conscious.

There is a way...ofc....it is exactly what we are doing here.