• Meditation ✅ 20min
  • Sleep ✅ 10h, went to bed at midnight

• Yoga ✅ 30min
  • Meditation ✅ 20min
  • Sleep ✅ 8h, went to bed at midnight

• Yoga ✅ 5min
  • Meditation ✅ 5min
  • Sleep ❌ 6.5h, went to bed at 5

My sleep schedule is bad still, even when I go to bed early I can’t really fall asleep.

Might have something to do with that I don’t have much to do during the days. No school no job atm.

I’ll probably start studying again soon. But I’m discouraged because last time I failed so badly and had no discipline.

My grades would just need to be an inch better for me to get to study psychology. And psychology feels like the most reasonable option for me still.

Edited by Iiris

• Yoga ❌
  • Meditation ❌
  • Sleep ❌ 8h, went to bed at 3:45

• Yoga ✅ 20min
  • Meditation ✅ 15min
  • Sleep ❌ 8h, went to bed at 2

• Yoga ✅ 20min + 10min
  • Meditation ✅ 20min

• Yoga ✅ 20min
  • Meditation ✅ 15min

• Yoga ✅ 20min
  • Meditation ✅ 15min
  • Sleep ❌ 5.5h, went to bed at 1:30

• Yoga ✅ 20min
  • Meditation ✅ 15min
  • Sleep ❌ 5.5h, went to bed at 1:45

I catched some flu, not corona but anyway. I feel horrible

I might take a break from this

Returning... took awhile. 

Haven’t had much progress. It has been pretty much the same.

I’ve been having severe insomnia during the break. Much worse than it used to be. I don’t even know where to start with that. It was better for a while but now it has been going to a worse direction again.

I’ve been doing yoga pretty regularly. Mediation less so. 

I might continue with that checkmark thing soon, I’m not sure yet. I know wanna focus more on building a schedule and not just doing things when I feel like it. If I don’t do the checkmark thing I’ll maybe plan things here and tell how this habit stuff is generally going.

You go, girl! Keep that yoga practice, it's one of the best things you can do for your overall well-being. I am so happy after starting to practice daily.

To do so I have set up a scheme with my spiritually inclined friend that every day he will do 1-hour meditation and I will do 20 minutes of Kriya Yoga and 40 minutes of Iyengar Yoga at least. It works wonders, we send each other messages on Messenger after completing the routine, and if any one of us fails to complete the quest we send $5 for charity for every day missed. You might consider embarking on a similar challenge with your friends.

Don't beat yourself too much, be honest, stay strong. Why honest? Because the things we beat ourselves over are often subtle lies, I know it all too well, haha. Cheers.

20 hours ago, Girzo said:

You go, girl! Keep that yoga practice, it's one of the best things you can do for your overall well-being. I am so happy after starting to practice daily.

Yoga is awesome. The reason I've been doing it so consistently is because I really enjoy it. Always makes me feel a lot better. My body tends to be pretty stiff and tensed up so it's a great practice for me, helps with that.

To do so I have set up a scheme with my spiritually inclined friend that every day he will do 1-hour meditation and I will do 20 minutes of Kriya Yoga and 40 minutes of Iyengar Yoga at least. It works wonders, we send each other messages on Messenger after completing the routine, and if any one of us fails to complete the quest we send $5 for charity for every day missed. You might consider embarking on a similar challenge with your friends.

I've thought about doing something like that. Definitely would be helpful. I could see if I find someone to do it with.

Don't beat yourself too much, be honest, stay strong. Why honest? Because the things we beat ourselves over are often subtle lies, I know it all too well, haha. Cheers.

That's true. Sometimes that goes the wrong direction for me. Thank you:)

Regarding the insomnia issue. I didn't want to write about it here first but it kind of belongs here.

It started a couple of months ago, went to sleep too late a few nights like I've been doing, yet I woke up too early. I got extremely sleep deprived, and then realized I can't fall asleep even if I try to, even if I'm really tired. That made me panic so much I went to get sleeping pills. They didn't work much. Switced to sedatives after using them a few days, they helped a bit better. Also started taking melatonin. Took sedatives every night for a few days, then things got a little better, got less tired. I wasn't afraid of going to bed anymore so I quit taking the sedatives and only kept melatonin.

That whole thing scared me so much that my sleep schedule got much more regular. I've still been going to bed a little too late, mostly around 12-1. But it's better than it used to be. Not going to bed very late randomly

Anyway the insomnia stayed, for the past few months my sleep has been something like this. I fall asleep within an hour with melatonin (and the othe pill when I used it). Then I wake up after about 5 hours. Either I can't sleep at all after that, or I get a couple of hours of light sleep. Could be much worse, but that's not nearly enough sleep for me

Not sure what's exactly the cause of this. Definitely part of the problem is that I'm chronically stressed to some degree, but I can't fix that quickly. Being very sleep deprived also makes me stressed, and it makes me more afraid that I'm not able to sleep. So it tends to turn into a vicious cycle

Like I said it has been getting worse again. Ended up going to bed too late a few nights, so that contributed. I'm extremely sleep deprived again. I've been using sedatives for almost a week now. I went to the doctor today but she said I can't be taking sedatives. She gave me some other sleeping pills. Will try them now

I of course wouldn't want to use medication. I know it isn't good for me. But pretty much it's the only option right now. Probably this will get easier like it did last time and I can quit taking pills.

22 hours ago, Iiris said:

Probably this will get easier like it did last time and I can quit taking pills.

It won't get easier instantly, but slowly

Last night was pretty good I feel functional today. Woke up at least twice during the night, slept 7-8h with that sleep med. I didn't realize sedatives are very addictive, won't be taking them anymore. I heard the sleeping pill I used now isn't addictive.

22 hours ago, Iiris said:

I fall asleep within an hour with melatonin (and the othe pill when I used it). Then I wake up after about 5 hours. Either I can't sleep at all after that, or I get a couple of hours of light sleep

That's probably the worst scenario. Sometimes I wake up 6 hours after. And when I'm doing better I'm usually able to fall asleep after I wake up, and even have good quality sleep.

I wonder if I wake up because the melatonin stops affecting or something like that. Though I've been waking up too early even before I started taking it.

My sleep pattern was really bad when I quit this journal, that definitely triggered this fall. I hadn't opened my curtains in the morning and day for many days, for a long time. That moved my rhythm really late. That's why I was only able to fall asleep at 4. You need to get sunlight reguraly to keep your sleep pattern as it is. When and what amount of light you get, determines your melatonin production. Didn't even realize that before. Now I always open my curtains after waking up. My rhythm is good now, I start getting naturally sleepy before midnight.

I also got a weighted blanked some time ago, I feel like that really helps.

Also started taking some supplements, not sure if those have been helping.

This is a nice youtube channel. The breath circle is a great idea.

Edited by Iiris