Spaceofawareness

A sense of awareness while asleep

7 posts in this topic

Recently I have been doing an open awareness type of meditation, however I only have time to do this before bed at night. As such, there has been two times now where, after I come to rest in this contentless open awareness, it feels as if I fall asleep. But at the same time, I feel this open awareness still resides here, just that all else has collapsed, almost like a dim light surrounded by darkness.

This had not been my plan to explore this territory, but I am wondering, is there any use in doing so, beyond the experience itself? I have noticed that I have been a bit more “heart centred” since this has been happening during the day.

thanks.

Edited by Spaceofawareness
Typo

If you feel like it. If you think it works for you. 

I might have done what you're describing and it took me longer to fall asleep. So I dropped it. 

This is good it shows you that you are awareness itself no the body/mind. Throughout out the day whenever you remeber try to abide as that open awareness. In time is will become your natural state.  

Wow I actually had this happen to me recently, but it happened by accident. It felt like I spawned everything into existence when I woke up.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

9 hours ago, Spaceofawareness said:

Recently I have been doing an open awareness type of meditation, however I only have time to do this before bed at night. As such, there has been two times now where, after I come to rest in this contentless open awareness, it feels as if I fall asleep. But at the same time, I feel this open awareness still resides here, just that all else has collapsed, almost like a dim light surrounded by darkness.

This had not been my plan to explore this territory, but I am wondering, is there any use in doing so, beyond the experience itself? I have noticed that I have been a bit more “heart centred” since this has been happening during the day.

thanks.

Body is sleeping not you. Because body creates duality (you born, die, can sleep, different than others, and body learn the language). You are the entire room (including the body) as infinite and nothing. Stare at wall for hours. I can feel that pure consciousness when i look to my room. 1 hour every day meditation with open eyes in silence and 2 hours meditation in darkness and silence at night. Do this for 2 years. You will get it while awake. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@fi1ghtclub you will probably laugh, but I was using the Sam Harris waking up app, part of the basic course.

To begin with, you become aware of your body as a cloud of sensation, just letting come in what comes, and that’s it, as I began to rest in this my feeling as a body faded until all I was aware of was awareness itself, but it was not an effortful focus, that’s why I described it as open awareness. Then at some point it felt as though I was asleep, but the sense of awareness remained.