Lorence

Where To Next?

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm 19 years old. English isn't my native language, so i would be grateful if you didn't mind some of the mistakes i might make.

So, as i said I'm 19 years old and i want to develop and become something great in the next years.

The thing is that, I don't know how to continue.

About a year ago, (maybe more) i started hearing some audio books about confidence, relationships, goal setting, some financial management although I don't have a job at the time, and some other minor topics.  The thing is that I'm have already seen many results, sometimes not like I imagined it, but i have definitely improved and became more self-aware of my abilities. I stumbled across actualized on youtube about a month or two and i have see some of the videos. Because of those I even started meditation for 20 minutes every day. Most of the videos are great and made with great effort, although some are hard to understand yet.

My problem is that I lose my motivation and get bored of people and circumstances easily, which makes it difficult to set a life course/plan for the future. Im afraid that not only i will abandon it but also that i might succeed and then get bored. This may sound to you like im an arrogant prick or something but im serious.

After writing this, i realize that my problem is losing my motivation to keep on going for the bigger picture. Any ideas?

Doesn't sound like you have a very compelling bigger picture.

Think bigger! Think beyond yourself.

A weak vision is not worth working towards, so your body will not generate any motivation. Why should it?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

To me it sounds like you don't know what you want. Most people who know exactly what they want aren't too worried about how they will get to where they want to go or whether or not they will become bored of their success. They're motivated by detailed vision, a vivid picture. So my advice to you is to get more specific about what you want.

Edited by Robert

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

10 hours ago, Robert said:

To me it sounds like you don't know what you want. Most people who know exactly what they want aren't too worried about how they will get to where they want to go or whether or not they will become bored of their success. They're motivated by detailed vision, a vivid picture. So my advice to you is to get more specific about what you want.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

A weak vision is not worth working towards, so your body will not generate any motivation. Why should it?

Maybe that's the issue. Today I was talking about the same topic with a psychologist I see every now and then. She told me that at my age, knowing that you want a brighter future for yourself and actually realizing that the only way this is going to happen is by evolving yourself is great. But, I don't want my age to be an excuse for not actually having a detailed "purpose". Sure i want to be great at what Im studying and be able to live without the help of others financially but these things are very general.  @Leo Gura you said i should think beyond myself, Im not  asking you to throw some ideas , but do you actually mean by that?

17 hours ago, Lorence said:

Hello,

I'm 19 years old. English isn't my native language, so i would be grateful if you didn't mind some of the mistakes i might make.

So, as i said I'm 19 years old and i want to develop and become something great in the next years.

About a year ago, (maybe more) i started hearing some audio books about confidence, relationships, goal setting, some financial management although I don't have a job at the time, and some other minor topics.  The thing is that I'm have already seen many results, sometimes not like I imagined it, but i have definitely improved and became more self-aware of my abilities. I stumbled across actualized on youtube about a month or two and i have see some of the videos. Because of those I even started meditation for 20 minutes every day. Most of the videos are great and made with great effort, although some are hard to understand yet.

My problem is that I lose my motivation and get bored of people and circumstances easily, which makes it difficult to set a life course/plan for the future. Im afraid that not only i will abandon it but also that i might succeed and then get bored. This may sound to you like im an arrogant prick or something but im serious.

After writing this, i realize that my problem is losing my motivation to keep on going for the bigger picture. Any ideas?

Sounds to me that you have a lot of Aries placements in your chart. :) 

Aries loves to start things. Think of Hussein Bolt. He can run EXTREMELY fast, but not for long distances. 

You need to learn to become an alchemist. Someone who transforms what they perceive as weaknesses into gold. 

A job with different (types of) clients might suit you. 

Another idea that springs to mind is that you perceive already as abandonment what it is meant to be a step forward but maybe nothing more. 

Would you actually like to start a life where you do ONE thing your whole life? :D 

Take it step by step. Baby steps. What is it that you could do now? Take that step. From that next step, things will look different. Take next step from there. Continue and enjoy every step. When you can't see the next step, it is a sign that you need to enjoy and relax (as opposed to beating yourself up) 

first-step.jpg

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

13 hours ago, Lorence said:

...you said i should think beyond myself, Im not  asking you to throw some ideas , but do you actually mean by that?

Your vision shouldn't be about making yourself successful, but more about your impact on other people, society, or the whole world.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thanks for your replies. I will keep them in mind.

@Lorence Hi Lorence, Have you tried setting goals and achieving them before? I have found myself doing a million different things at once to keep my mind active so that I don't just get bored doing one thing. I like to keep busy but I also manage my time and all my goals I want to achieve. 

I find you can't get bored if your achieving a few different things and managing them well.

12 hours ago, MIA.RIVEL said:

@Lorence Hi Lorence, Have you tried setting goals and achieving them before? I have found myself doing a million different things at once to keep my mind active so that I don't just get bored doing one thing. I like to keep busy but I also manage my time and all my goals I want to achieve. 

I find you can't get bored if your achieving a few different things and managing them well.

Well, as i said i have listened to some audio books about goal setting. I usually have some short term goals and some long term. And to answer your question I have managed to accomplish both and i know the feeling you get is actually amazing. I have made some thinking, and I believe my new (far)future goal is to  influence others to healthier habits (eating healthy, exercising) and somehow also make a job out of that.

On 2/9/2016 at 6:24 AM, Ayla said:

Sounds to me that you have a lot of Aries placements in your chart. :) 

Aries loves to start things. Think of Hussein Bolt. He can run EXTREMELY fast, but not for long distances. 

You need to learn to become an alchemist. Someone who transforms what they perceive as weaknesses into gold. 

A job with different (types of) clients might suit you. 

Another idea that springs to mind is that you perceive already as abandonment what it is meant to be a step forward but maybe nothing more. 

Would you actually like to start a life where you do ONE thing your whole life? :D 

Take it step by step. Baby steps. What is it that you could do now? Take that step. From that next step, things will look different. Take next step from there. Continue and enjoy every step. When you can't see the next step, it is a sign that you need to enjoy and relax (as opposed to beating yourself up) 

first-step.jpg

Haha...that's so true about Aries!  I'm an Aries and have had that problem for a looooooong time!  Love starting things, but it took time to stick to something and follow through with it.  

On 2/8/2016 at 1:06 PM, Lorence said:

Hello,

There are so many distractions in this world, so many outside forces saying BE this, BE that, DO this, DO that.  Now, is really a great time to go inward and explore your inner world.  Take time to get away and sit with no outside stimulation for awhile and really visualize what you want for yourself.  Really give it some time and thought, a lot of time and thought...really sit with it, be willing to sit still for a long time and go deep within yourself to find which direction you want to go in next.  Treat your next step like it's your last.

On 9.2.2016 at 5:24 PM, Ayla said:

Ohh you know that's where I've been too...there is nothing but a void out, for the sanity of fools

I learned it's way easier just to proclaim that you are an alchemist than actually being one. Don't delude yourself like I did for a long period of time, it's not as easy as it may sound. If you are a self-proclaimed alchemist and you think you got it figured out, but then you are dissapointed because there are no results and no changes in life...that's when you know you have fallen into the trap. You are still not an alchemist. Just don't make the mistake like me and think that calling yourself an alchemist and always thinking positive will be enough. There is sooo much more to it.