The Don

People on TV. Intriguing questions for Leo and public speakers.

5 posts in this topic

Hi.

I'm observing and making distinctions between top USA journalists all the time, including @Leo Gura. I'm fascinated by their way of articulating understanding.

This topic will have a lot of questions because I want to get to the bottom of it.

How come all these journalists and speakers talk so well? Are they practicing mind-talk, speaking out loud, and contemplation all the time? Or it just comes naturally to them?

Are they great speakers because their parents instilled in them a curiosity about speaking in public and they developed their skills throughout their childhood unconsciously?

I'll summarize my curiosities with questions.

1. The greatest public speakers, including journalists, they must have a clear mind to be able to talk so clearly, right?

2. They are using contemplation all the time to develop their skills, right?

3. Are their speaking skills developed consciously or unconsciously?

4. At some point in their lives, when they decided to be in the business of public speaking, how did they know what to do in order to develop their speaking skills?

5. Are there people who develop skills throughout their childhood unconsciously?

I'm asking all these questions because I didn't know that competent people have skills. I didn't know anything about skills.

I thought that skills come naturally, or do they?

Edited by The Don
Removing a few words and adding a few words.

Me on the road less traveled.

11 minutes ago, The Don said:

1. The greatest public speakers, including journalists, they must have a clear mind to be able to talk so clearly, right?

No

Don't forget that many people on TV are reading a teleprompter with words they themselves didn't even write.

2. They using contemplation all the time to develop their skills, right?

Lol

3. Are their speaking skills developed consciously or unconsciously?

They probably practice a lot in various ways.

And also, people on TV are often gonna be naturals too. A person doesn't get on TV unless you're exceptionally talented.

If you want to gain lots of public speaking experience, join Toastmasters.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Seems  like you are talking about Authors or Screenwriters, Novelists or Poets, or really any Story or Song Writer. When the mind gives birth to a new reality, you have to form a structure so that you present it correctly, in a clear way. That requires observing and understanding what real is, how it tricks and pulls the soul through heaven and hell. Explaining something so incredible that it speaks to the spirit of many. When you can be entertaining in how you express, the words and ways you write, then that's all the receiver really cares about. You just want to give something that doesn't feel like a waste of time, something that's seems important. What do you want to hear? Truth. Perceived rational Truth. 

Skill is something you can pick up. I am learning something right now that I had no clue about a few months ago, and now I am building on that Skill. So many Skills that I am working on growing. That is what comes natural. The desire to grow Skill. 

David Foster Wallace, Allan Watts, Robert Greene are my top 3 for speakers that realize more than what is. And they are really great at expressing it. 

What about this? 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

1 hour ago, Chakra Lion said:

David Foster Wallace, Allan Watts, Robert Greene

?

First off, we must establish that true journalists struggle financial to barely feed its crew, every month.  From those people we get facts without a badgering to pay attention .  Those journalists who have their crew pre paid, will drown you in dramatic paper work and will scream a lot to open your eyes and have arranged a 5 minute interview with someone in the E. U parliament or a US senator or congress men evan from the military, telling you Listen to this post : this is the only tv post or radio where i can speak out... 

Second, you must realize that woow speeches are edited, evan a damn Good One 

For a good speech, you need a pure heart and a clear mind to put it in a coherent way : The Don : i would like to have that burger ( pure heart) 

The Don : I WANT That Burger  ( clear mind in a coherent way) 

Last but not least : In order for a speech to be true to its nature, the one that gives the speech must deliver it unasked.  A speech on a paper sheet is only good for practice.