Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SimplyJ

How to live in isolation?

8 posts in this topic

Hi friends,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, if not could you kindly point to the correct place.

Anyhow, im currently at the crossroads where there is a strong desire and intuition to, for at least a while, move away from the current situation (which is living amongst people).

Have always been comfortable in the outdoors, love the nature in fact. Am considering setting a small camp site in the forest somewhere, but the challenge which is presenting itself is the following:

When one moves into isolation (such as forest or a cave), how does one survive? Here the main question is about food, not even so much about water (clean water source is not difficult to find in this country, slovenia). Am very much comfortable with growing plants, but am concerned that i would starve to death if the only food source was tomatoes haha :)

Any pointers regarding this topic of self isolation in the wilderness would be much appreciated.

Wish you all a present moment!

Its 2020. Live like a King/Queen 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

This is good, something like this is actually my dream. No way i can afford anything like this right now though... 

Start with a Yurt. Cheapest Option besides a tent. 

And you should check building codes, but in Slovenia i'm not sure how strict they are.

I am from Feldbach, Austria so we are neighbors haha :) 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

1 hour ago, SimplyJ said:

When one moves into isolation (such as forest or a cave), how does one survive?

Hehehe...

That's the whole point of society!

Survival is much more challenging than you realize. Society has made survival easy for you. Without it you'd probably be dead.

When you isolate yourself, your life will become 95% about basic survival. You will be working all day long just to feed and shelter yourself.

There is no escaping survival as long as you care to stay alive.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Hehehe...

That's the whole point of society!

Survival is much more challenging than you realize. Society has made survival easy for you. Without it you'd probably be dead.

When you isolate yourself, your life will become 95% about basic survival. You will be working all day long just to feed and shelter yourself.

There is no escaping survival as long as you care to stay alive.

Pretty much. There's a show about people living in Alaska and all they do is being concerned with the next shitty thing they have to do to get food, improve shelter, fix stuff...etc. Most people would idealize it as a holidays, but it's far from reality.

That's why people that say I'm going to live in cave until I get enlightened it's an utopia unless they have someone which brings them food every few days and basically care for them while you are meditating.

If not it's impossible to get enlightened if you are thinking on survival most of the time LOL!!

Save enough money to buy enough food and do a retreat for X amount of months. 

In Tate we trust

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Thomas_Knight

Not that I recommend this level of crazy, or stealing, but it's an awesome story. 

"Knight was largely reluctant to express any inkling of motives or insights gained through his experience, but he did offer that "solitude bestows an increase in something valuable ... my perception. But ... when I applied my increased perception to myself, I lost my identity. There was no audience, no one to perform for ... To put it romantically, I was completely free."

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost