a e l i

High-quality vs low-quality content consumption

5 posts in this topic

If we define high-quality content as content that has the potential to elevate you and to help you pursue your ultimate life purpose (i.e. a meaningful classic book?), and low-quality content as content that can keep you stuck in the status quo and unaware of your condition (i.e. instagram feed?), what's the best course of action? Should we avoid low-quality content at all costs or can there be some space left for it, maybe to unwind? Is it even fair to make such a distinction between the two? If so, what criteria should we use in order to judge what kind of content can be the most beneficial for us?

It is completely irrelevant. The type of content you consume is absolutely meaningless.

If you are consuming enlightened content and you are being unaware while consuming it, just listening without actually being aware of being aware, without the intensity of the pull to be enlightened, it will be completely useless.

If you are consuming Instagram feed content and you are being aware while consuming it, in a meditative state, it is time well spent.

As long as you are aware of being aware, anything is good. If you are not aware of being aware, anything is bad.

It's relative to you. You become what you consume. The more you consume high-quality content, the more you start to avoid low-quality one.

But there's nothing wrong with low-quality. I still watch sports from time to time. I just think there are better things to spend your time on.

If you struggle with doing the work and find yourself consuming a lot. Look into dopamine detox.

On 26/5/2020 at 4:22 AM, universe said:

If you struggle with doing the work and find yourself consuming a lot. Look into dopamine detox.

thank you, I'm looking into it!