joegarland

Samadhi Experiences?

41 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, cetus56 said:

@charlie2dogs Quantum memory. Sounds like just another brick in the wall that needs to be knocked down.

then you dont understand how much has become rooted in your own consciousness since its beginning.

@charlie2dogs If the same innocent child who experienced a deep oneness gained an "understanding", the experience would never happened again. Sometimes it's best that things remain as "not" understood. That's when it happens. There is absolutely nothing you can "do" or "understand" to make it happen. It's like the northern lights.

2 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@charlie2dogs If the same innocent child who experienced a deep oneness gained an "understanding", the experience would never happened again. Sometimes it's best that things remain as "not" understood. That's when it happens. There is absolutely nothing you can "do" or "understand" to make it happen. It's like the northern lights.

(if)   the child is not innocent, there are no innocents here.  and 99.999 % of the human identities would agree with you that there is nothing you can do, that is why that 99.999 never achieve enlightenment.

37 minutes ago, charlie2dogs said:

(if)   the child is not innocent, there are no innocents here.  and 99.999 % of the human identities would agree with you that there is nothing you can do, that is why that 99.999 never achieve enlightenment.

Sure, that's because they spend their life never knowing that something has been missing. Or they just forgot about it. Maybe at best writing it off as a childhood illusion and only that. Something long gone and far removed from their daily adult life. And than maybe, just by chance, someday they suddenly experience it again out of the blue. Almost to say "holy shit, I remember this well".

7 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

I think I know what you are saying.  All our resources are a path to awakening (consciousness growth) but none of them lead to "enlightenment", because there is no path to the crown chakra (I remember the personal accounts you have given us of your enlightenment).

So, what you are saying is that being and oneness is not real enlightenment, it's only a stage along the way? Real enlightenment is what you described to me yesterday. I'm I getting it?

7 minutes ago, Mal said:

I think I know what you are saying.  All our resources are a path to awakening (consciousness growth) but none of them lead to "enlightenment", because there is no path to the crown chakra (I remember the personal accounts you have given us of your enlightenment).

So, what you are saying is that being and oneness is not real enlightenment, it's only a stage along the way? Real enlightenment is what you described to me yesterday. I'm I getting it?

give this a thought or two, sometimes the resources all around us that claim to be for awakening and growth, most often only lead to more entrapment, and those playing the game cannot and will not see that.

yes i remember describing the real thing to you,

Okay guys back to the topic : how do you achieve such experiences ?

14 minutes ago, Lynnel said:

9 hours ago, Lynnel said:

here's shinzen young view on the topic. The guy is a freakin sage, being a monk and teaching for over 40 years. Its all there, take look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwOccTTAcVw&list=PL5B13DB6E1BEEA82E&index=7

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

Concentrate on any object for 30 minutes straight without wavering your focus even once. And you'll have Samadhi with it, more or less.

The trick is, you can't do that, because your mind is too distracted.

So it takes 5 years of daily practice, or something like that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Concentrate on any object for 30 minutes straight without wavering your focus even once. And you'll have Samadhi with it, more or less.

@Leo Gura  Can Samadhi be experienced with everything in the field of view or just one individual object? This I'm a bit unclear on. Or is one object used  as a practice and than expanded to the entire field as the practice improves?  When oneness or union is experienced in meditation, isn't that also Samadhi?    ** I found this just now. Thought I would add it here if anyone is interested. Apparently there are different levels of Samadhi.   http://selfknowledge.com/109718.htm

Edited by cetus56

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Another cool exercise to try is to sit at a desk or table and pick a point along it's length that you can reach out to almost full extension and touch with your fingers.

Then set a timer for 30 minutes and try to reach and extend to that point onto the table as slooooooow as possible while maintaining it as your only focus.

The aim is to find and maintain the speed that takes you that whole half-hour to traverse the distance of the table. Facing the resistance of not just restraining your pace to levels of slowness most people aren't used to, but also wholly committing your focus to this single, simple, physical task.

I remember training my focus, many, many years ago with little things like that. Pushing my focus against such resistance that it would pare away the mental wrappings of the narration of what I was doing in the first place, till all I had left to hold was direction of action. The reasons burned away from the friction, like ice and rock burnt off a comet as it enters the atmosphere.

Now, I can hold a single focus for days and maintain (or regain) it's primacy, when other things ping into my awareness and try to fuse and immerse with my attention. 

Can we do Samadhi with a picture ? 

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

5 years is  a very arbitary number, from my experience it can take MUCH less. The key for me was doing concentration meditation for 30-60 minutes DAILY and being ruthless when it comes to proper technique. That's like saying that it takes 5 years of lifting to bench 225lbs, if you do 10 pushups daily you won't even get there in 5 years, if you take smart approach it can take much less. Leigh Brasington has a lecture on youtube on Jhanas which I highly recommend to anyone interested in this topic.

3 hours ago, jes said:

Can we do Samadhi with a picture ? 

@jes  No mom, it's not what you think!  I'm practicing Samadhi!       @Ozzy You have a link to that?

Edited by cetus56

Just now, cetus56 said:

@jes  No mom, it's not what you think!  I'm practicing Samadhi!      

?

3 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@jes  No mom, it's not what you think!  I'm practicing Samadhi!       @Ozzy You have a link to that?

@jes There is a joke in there somewhere. A general joke.:)

1 minute ago, cetus56 said:

There is a joke in there somewhere. A general joke

Pardon me then 

5 hours ago, Piotr said:

@jes It would make it harder for yourself as mind tends to want to interpret such things

yes

5 hours ago, Piotr said:

I must have looked pretty creepy for a stranger on a street ;D)

:D