joegarland

Samadhi Experiences?

41 posts in this topic

On 7/15/2016 at 1:39 PM, Ozzy said:

5 years is  a very arbitary number, from my experience it can take MUCH less. The key for me was doing concentration meditation for 30-60 minutes DAILY and being ruthless when it comes to proper technique. That's like saying that it takes 5 years of lifting to bench 225lbs, if you do 10 pushups daily you won't even get there in 5 years, if you take smart approach it can take much less. Leigh Brasington has a lecture on youtube on Jhanas which I highly recommend to anyone interested in this topic.

That's exactly right. For those who are serious, it can happen much sooner. But for most people, it will take a LONG time. Who the hell is going to concentrate for 60 minutes a daily for a year? 0.0000001% of people.

On 7/15/2016 at 3:47 AM, cetus56 said:

@Leo Gura  Can Samadhi be experienced with everything in the field of view or just one individual object? This I'm a bit unclear on. Or is one object used  as a practice and than expanded to the entire field as the practice improves?  When oneness or union is experienced in meditation, isn't that also Samadhi?    ** I found this just now. Thought I would add it here if anyone is interested. Apparently there are different levels of Samadhi.   http://selfknowledge.com/109718.htm

There are various kinds of Samadhi possible. You can even have a Samadhi without any object. A Samadhi of awareness or nothingness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.