Patrick Lynam

Finding meaning

12 posts in this topic

I feel like not being enlightened makes me kind of useless and anything i do is not really meaningful

@Patrick Lynam why do you feel like this ? Did you know that mahatma Gandhi was not enlightened but led the whole country towards freedom ? 

That was a pretty meaningful act. 

If he can do something so meaningful without getting enlightened you can too. 

But don't stop researching on how to get enlightened as if that's so meaningful to you you must become a vehicle for that vision of yours.. There are many vedios already on what to do and what kind of experiences you will get after doing them. 

And what life is is just a bunch of people struggling to find meaning like what is the point of anything if we are helpless is seriousness completely useless 

@Elton i think im feeling this way because ive recently had a big emotional release and it seems like everything i was doing was meaningless and im just becoming aware of how fucking hard it seems to be for one person to make a difference 

Since we are all going to die anyways why don't make the most of it and die.

It does feel good to feel good. 

Why not spent life doing what you love, why not create your own meaning to life ? 

Why not savour the magic of nature and infinite intelligence all around us ? 

It's certainly better than closing oneself to the beauty and divinity of the universe.. 

Open up to the infinite love all around,

Open up to your inner word,

You will find magic all around you ,

When you see the oyster creating the pearl. 

And just as that pearl is just a stone,

You can give it meaning; increase its worth ,

So so can you also create meaning,

In the cycle of death and birth.

(Wow I'm so amazed that how I could just write this poem while replying to you ... This is definitely what it means by the universe speaking to itself.

- infinite love :-D 

if the onlything meaningful is to help people understand god and youre not enlightened that means that potentially anything that we usually use as a compass to meaning like making people feel good or watever is just changing the content of there life like how do we know what to do if we dont know god ourselves

@Patrick Lynam since you just had an emotional release, maybe you need to take things slow for a while, this is just a phase and it will too pass ... 

The brightest day is just before the dawn. 

Just focus on small things like eating sleeping etc. For some time or even some days .. do basic tasks like cleaning etc. 

5 minutes ago, Patrick Lynam said:

if the onlything meaningful is to help people understand god and youre not enlightened that means that potentially anything that we usually use as a compass to meaning like making people feel good or watever is just changing the content of there life like how do we know what to do if we dont know god ourselves

Look at the mirror. And appreciate what you have. And love it. Otherwise you will suffer rest of your life brother.

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@Patrick Lynam

Enlightenment is the ultimate uselessness and meaninglessness.

What can you do with no thing?

Nothing.

Enlightened or not, life is completely meaningless and thus a game of make believe.

But when you're enlightened you can cope with meaninglessness as it can't be any other way 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Enlightenment is the ultimate uselessness and meaninglessness

Your Endless and ultimate game. Either you suffer or have fun in your game. Lol 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@Patrick Lynam meaning is not found it is created. Reality does not hold segments of meaning spread through it, you create them.

An enlightened being realises there is no meaning and so then adopts the power to create it.

To live fully you don’t require enlightenment, you require doing your best in all areas of life through the lens of your own unique being. Enlightenment will come once all your attachments dissolve.

Edited by Jacobsrw